Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 10:05 PM

3 posts, read 3,081 times

Advertisements

Hi folks !

I am intern for this summer in Gulfstream and I am planning to stay in Waverly station apts. I have a license but i am under 25 so I'd have to pay extra to rent for the 3 months and this doesn't seem to be an economical option. I could car pool but I haven't found anyone going to the same place each day.

I did a little digging but i was not able to come up with any public transportation mode. Are there any other options for me ?

Early Response would be much appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 09:52 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,355,889 times
I worked at Gulfstream and I know there are a lot of people living in Pooler and other surrounding areas. Most of them carpool and room with their coworkers and go home on the weekends. Almost all of the folks I worked with were from somewhere else. What I did is stayed at the Value Place in Garden City (very close to Gulfstream) until I found a place to stay with a roommate or a co-worker. There will be others interning at the same time that are in the same situation, maybe a couple of you can go in together on a place and carpool.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:25 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,591,724 times
Try the HR department, they should have some info as they try and encourage public transport. Also they may have other interns who are looking for something and may be able to match you up.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:50 AM

Hey thanks for timely response. So there is public transport system in pooler ? i dont seem to find any on googlemaps

Old 05-16-2013, 09:43 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,355,889 times
I don't believe there is public transport in Pooler. But Gulfstream may be able to point you in the direction of a carpool list or something.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:36 PM

Hey thanks a lot everyone. I guess ill have to carpool then !!

Thanks

Old 06-04-2013, 11:14 AM

25 posts, read 54,330 times
I live in Waverly Stations, there are a TON of Gulfstream folks here, so I'm sure looking for a carpool would not be difficult. My recommendation would be to post a sign on the mailboxes (cause everyone goes there) and advertise that you are looking for a carpool buddy. I am willing to bet you will get many offers; everyone is quite nice here! Do you know what shift you will be on? That will play a big factor to getting someone from Waverly it seems there is quite a few early shifters that leave at like 5 am or something crazy like that. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area