Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 04:37 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,642,848 times

Advertisements

I was in this branch of Bank of America on Wed. Today while traveling I was told this branch closed yesterday. True? And if so anyone know what is planned for that site?

Seems to me to be a very choice location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 05:12 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,116,353 times
Oh MY!!! I remember it as it was decades ago! However, I can see that it had too much wasted space. Beautiful for the day it was created, but not very useful now when you need space for zillions more customers with all sort of different needs for a bank.

Hope someone can make a good deal for it.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:12 PM

50,065 posts, read 63,416,388 times
Who would go to BOA? Their motto is, "You're just a number with us".

Old 07-20-2013, 03:44 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,805,043 times
You're talking about the BOA on Bull at 37th, right? That's a horrible location for a bank! Surprised they didn't close that branch long ago ...

Old 07-20-2013, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Who would go to BOA? Their motto is, "You're just a number with us".
For me it's a means to the end. I don't like ANY banksters. They are all same, only the location changes.

So, who would you recommend in that area, which is convinent for me?

Old 07-20-2013, 06:43 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,116,353 times
Excuse me! I thought we were talking about the one on Bull Street uptown on the square. I've never even been in the one at 37th. At one time, that was an important location.

I started with BOA when the C&S was THE bank in Savannah, It was later bought out by NationsBank (I think that was it) I didn't bother to change accounts. Later, it became BOA and I stayed for the same reason. The only other bank that I ever bothered with has since gone out of business. It just happens that it is in a good location for us. I don't like their interest rates on CDs, but then, none are very good now!

What bothers me about banks now is that they seem to go under, change their name, leave town, and a host of other things that make me wonder about their safety. I can't stand the though of maybe losing access to my piddly savings!

Old 07-20-2013, 07:18 AM

11,371 posts, read 24,344,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
For me it's a means to the end. I don't like ANY banksters. They are all same, only the location changes.

So, who would you recommend in that area, which is convinent for me?
Do you need a locally based bank or one that is national or regional? Since you appear to travel, it would make sense to do business with one of the biggies. If you only want local convenience, go into the Kroger downtown and see if that works for you.

Personally, I've gotten to the point that I rarely need to step foot in a bank. You might want to look into who provides the best mobile banking security/features and go that route.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Do you need a locally based bank or one that is national or regional? Since you appear to travel, it would make sense to do business with one of the biggies. If you only want local convenience, go into the Kroger downtown and see if that works for you.

Personally, I've gotten to the point that I rarely need to step foot in a bank. You might want to look into who provides the best mobile banking security/features and go that route.

The only reason for BOA (as I prefer JP Morgan ) is bc BOA has locations in Sav and NYC. I use this relationship so as to make deposits into employee and contrators accounts in Sav when in NYC and visa versa .

Old 07-20-2013, 09:01 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,805,043 times
Quote:
The only reason for BOA (as I prefer JP Morgan ) is bc BOA has locations in Sav and NYC. I use this relationship so as to make deposits into employee and contrators accounts in Sav when in NYC and visa versa .
Meh ... you can do that with a cell phone nowadays.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:07 AM

11,371 posts, read 24,344,261 times
Quote:
I was in this branch of Bank of America on Wed. Today while traveling I was told this branch closed yesterday. True? And if so anyone know what is planned for that site?

Seems to me to be a very choice location.
I drove past on 37th street yesterday and could see something taped to their drive thru window, but I didn't have time to circle back around to drive around the block and look more carefully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area