Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 07:37 AM

23,447 posts, read 44,050,291 times

Advertisements

On a recent visit to Savannah, a housekeeper in the hotel where I was staying said that Ms. Deen no longer resides in Savannah, but does keep her house there. I have brought this up to others and it has been suggested that she has taken up residence in NYC. Anyone have the skinny on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 08:38 AM

433 posts, read 1,769,248 times
That can't be true. Her husband has a boating company in Savannah and I believe he still runs it. Both of her boys and her grandson live in Savannah. She lives on one of the islands.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:18 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times
LOL--thiinking of Paula Dean living in NYC.

She has a home on Wilmington Island and they film some of the outdoor shows there or nearby.

I really don't know where she lives but the slower pace of the Low Country seems more her style.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:05 PM

737 posts, read 2,458,768 times
Long story short...
She had a place on Wilmington. Beautiful place. Stained glass windows in the gazebo, etc.
A tree limb took out the roof on the guest cottage.
So the whole place was then flattened...
House
Cottages
etc.
And a new mansion is now under construction.
I doubt that I'll be able to even afford to drive past it when it is finished.
If she still owns the place is anybody's guess.

HTH

Old 11-28-2008, 08:39 PM

37 posts, read 134,140 times
I could check with a friend of mine, she lives next door to Paula, well she used to!! LOL

Alice in Savannah

Old 11-29-2008, 08:43 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,968,017 times
Her huge mansion on Wilmington Island is still undergoing construction.(but just about done from what it looks like) I drive past her house at least once or twice a week on my way to my parents' house.

I also agree with one of the previous comments... I certainly could never picture Paula Deen living in New York City. Thats laughable.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:19 PM

737 posts, read 2,458,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
Her huge mansion on Wilmington Island is still undergoing construction.(but just about done from what it looks like) I drive past her house at least once or twice a week on my way to my parents' house.

I also agree with one of the previous comments... I certainly could never picture Paula Deen living in New York City. Thats laughable.
I drive past it once a day when I take my dog for his run at Wilmington Park Pier.
The place is fantastic, isn't it?
But I still don't know if she still owns it anymore?

Old 11-30-2008, 01:12 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
She was in town last week, or the week before. That's all I know.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:56 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,968,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Plain Al View Post
I drive past it once a day when I take my dog for his run at Wilmington Park Pier.
The place is fantastic, isn't it?
But I still don't know if she still owns it anymore?
Yes, its fantastic... so fantastic it seems as if the buildings are a bit too large for the property itself. haha

Old 06-27-2013, 12:58 AM

1 posts, read 8,630 times
As far as Paula Deen living in NYC I don't believe she would live there. Her son Bobby lives in NYC. I do want to want say I think its a poor choice for the Food Network to fire her,Walmart, Home Depot won't be selling her products either. People all over this world say things that hurt but its no reason to fire someone. It's the dumbest crap ever. I support Paula but I will not watch Food Network anymore.Honestly I hope the ratings drop!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area