Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2014, 06:35 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,716,719 times

Advertisements

The Atlanta forum board has posted the prices of one bedroom apartment of being north of $1000. I have seen a steady uptick of rental prices in the downtown Savannah area for the past 4 years. The prices to buy multi-family housing has sky rocketed in the past year. Three and four family houses are impossible to buy.

Can anyone share with me the cost of a one or two bedroom apartment in the downtown area of Savannah?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2014, 07:21 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,954,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
The Atlanta forum board has posted the prices of one bedroom apartment of being north of $1000. I have seen a steady uptick of rental prices in the downtown Savannah area for the past 4 years. The prices to buy multi-family housing has sky rocketed in the past year. Three and four family houses are impossible to buy.

Can anyone share with me the cost of a one or two bedroom apartment in the downtown area of Savannah?
I'm paying almost $900 a month for a 30-year-old 2-BR on Wilmington Island that hasn't been updated, except for new kitchen appliances, since it was built. My research has shown new construction on the westside, in Georgetown and on Coastal Highway is all above the $1,000 range for 2 BRs. Drayton Tower is getting $2,500 a unit. I have a friend that just gave up a 2 BR loft on Barnard and Henry / Anderson (which makes the news regularly). She was paying almost $3,000 a month!

I know people who pay $500 and live in the "hood" ... and are constantly battling crime ... one friend has been stabbed AND shot ... but that's not something I choose or want to do.

Savannah's real estate market is a real puzzler.

Old 03-12-2014, 04:28 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,716,719 times
Newsboy...even your quote of $500 in the hood is low...believe it or not.

Old 03-12-2014, 07:40 AM

8,077 posts, read 4,756,354 times
I'll have to agree on that one. I got what I thought was a semi-decent place on the edge of Ardsley Park for $550 about seven years ago, but I didn't realize until I lived there a while that the place was falling apart, and the management company said the landlord had little interest in upgrading anything. Worst of all were the neighbors (too much to recount here). Out of curiosity I drove past that building last month and saw it was still there, looking exactly the same save for one newly(?)-broken window, with the apartments listed online for $650.

It's really hard to make a blanket statement "yes" or "no" when there are so many variables, but overall (with a few exceptions) I would have to say "no" to the original question. Occasionally you can find a good deal, of course, but you typically have to do a lot of legwork.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: