Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 02:04 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,604,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
Let's start at the beginning of what you want. There are no rural areas near the beach. It sounds as if you want a small town like Rincon or Bloomindale. Not Savannah.
Agreed.

OP,

I'd recommend Rincon... Pooler... Bloomingdale. I spent many years split between the 3... In addition to Hinesville. I never had a real interest in living in Savannah. I was fine outside of the city...

Savannah is a beautiful town... The downtown part that is. The rest of the area is pretty bland if you ask me... Take a drive down I-16 or 95 to see what I am talking about... A whole lotta pine trees aid in the not so scenic view. I'm spoiled though... I've been in the PNW since leaving Savannah 3 years ago. I left due to the weak job market.

Prepare for the heat and humidity... It's pretty nasty. That and the bugs are what I don't miss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 02:32 PM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Agreed.

OP,

I'd recommend Rincon... Pooler... Bloomingdale. I spent many years split between the 3... In addition to Hinesville. I never had a real interest in living in Savannah. I was fine outside of the city...

Savannah is a beautiful town... The downtown part that is. The rest of the area is pretty bland if you ask me... Take a drive down I-16 or 95 to see what I am talking about... A whole lotta pine trees aid in the not so scenic view. I'm spoiled though... I've been in the PNW since leaving Savannah 3 years ago. I left due to the weak job market.

Prepare for the heat and humidity... It's pretty nasty. That and the bugs are what I don't miss.
I really think that Savannah has more to offer than just the 'Historic District'. Personally, I would be just as happy living among the Islands or a Southside neighborhood.

magnolia park savannah ga

Old 03-21-2014, 02:52 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,186,782 times
Magnolia Park is an excellent suggestion. And while you are looking around there, look at Fairway Oaks and Kensington Park. They are both closer to the hospitals and shopping.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:09 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,929,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I really think that Savannah has more to offer than just the 'Historic District'. Personally, I would be just as happy living among the Islands or a Southside neighborhood.

magnolia park savannah ga
Yes, there are lots of very beautiful and very desirable neighborhoods throughout the City of Savannah proper.

Old 03-22-2014, 07:28 AM

14 posts, read 50,315 times
for some reason im just now seeing most of these mssages..thank you!!! it is very hard when u are trying to relocate and don't know where to look? what do u just pick a town off the map? this is so helpful thank you so much!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area