Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2014, 07:11 AM

15 posts, read 17,582 times

Advertisements

We are looking at a house in Pt Wentworth in the older section; we may put in a contract this weekend.

Please tell me pros and cons about the city. We hear that crime is high and there is a lot of truck traffic. Is truck traffic a continuous issue during the day or is it just certain times of the day?

There is a fairgrounds place there also. How often do they have fairs that would make it hard to drive through the street?

Where do people who live there go to:

1) the grocery store 2) the doctor 3) churches?

Are people generally friendly there?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 09:34 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,707,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbgeek View Post
We are looking at a house in Pt Wentworth in the older section; we may put in a contract this weekend.

Thank you!
Do you feel comfortable with a contract at this point of your due diligence ? You do have a couple of questions that are kinda important to say the least. Lol.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:50 PM

Default No-go

Went back to revisit. Realize that house is in flood zone, way too many trucks and the traffic will only get worse.
Will stick to Rincon!

Old 05-22-2014, 07:27 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,929,063 times
Quote:
Went back to revisit. Realize that house is in flood zone, way too many trucks and the traffic will only get worse.
Will stick to Rincon!
Glad to hear this!

You know, for all the years I've lived in the Savannah area, I know very little about Port Wentworth proper. I can count on one hand the number of times I've actually driven through the old part of town, where the GPA facilities are. It's actually not a bad looking town, considering how heavy industrial it is, and some of the older residential neighborhoods are quaint and nice looking. I imagine you can get some great deals on housing in PW.

It certainly seems to have a better rep locally than Garden City.

Old 05-22-2014, 11:24 PM

975 posts, read 1,150,159 times
I had a friend who lived there for a number of years. It's a weird spot. There's heavy industry on three sides and a wildlife reserve on the other. Snakes and wild boar coupled with heavy machinery. You could actually feel the rumble of the trucks and industrial machines nearby anywhere inside his house. I can't see property values improving there in the near future, unless some industry needs to desperately expand their presence and gobble up a part of town.

Old 06-05-2014, 09:52 PM

So we ended up falling in love with a house in Bloomingdale instead!

Old 06-05-2014, 10:29 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,929,063 times
Quote:
So we ended up falling in love with a house in Bloomingdale instead!

There is supposed to be a fantastic pizza place in Bloomingdale, owned and operated by a couple of dudes from Brooklyn? I haven't tried it yet, but reviewers say it's the best pizza in all of Savannah.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:18 PM

Cool. Thanks.
Does anyone know of some good primary doctors in Bloomingdale or Pooler?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area