Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2014, 11:13 AM

156 posts, read 356,392 times

Advertisements

Hubs and I are coming next week. Arrive Monday early afternoon, check out on Thursday. Couple questions for you --

(I hope to search archives later but I'm home with a busy toddler so I'm doing quick typing).
TYBEE Island questions:
Will it be too cold to get in the water at Tybee Island? (wading only, neither kid has a big comfort level with water).
Looks like Monday (based on weather forecast) is the warmest day. Is it reasonable to check into the Savannah hotel (located downtown), then drive to the beach for a few hours before 6? Too crowded? Too far (haven't mapquested it yet).
We are bringing an umbrella, towels, toys. Anything else you can think of (it's been a few years since we've vacayed on the beach -- first time for the baby).
Are there any places within walking distance (say we park our car in one spot and want to walk a bit) that have a playground (swings, slides, etc).

THINGS TO DO DOWNTOWN MID-DAY
The other couple days seem rainy and or cool temps. If we are lucky and the baby takes her usual 2-3 hour nap (noon to 3), are there things to do downtown with an 8 year old? (one parent stays with baby in hotel, other takes 8 year old for a walk downtown). Or are there things one parent could drive the 8 year old to (a girl) that would be things you'd suggest she'd do without a baby (we will always use a movie theater as a backup since baby isn't sitting in a theater for 2hours, but if there are other things that are great for 8 year olds, horrible for babies, that would be lovely to know).

Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 04:51 PM

Gosh, no one ever answered me. We just got back from visiting. Fair city. Really enjoyed the tour of Juliette Gordon Low. I wish your Children's Museum was actually in a building.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:02 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
Sorry about that. It slipped through the cracks. So many people ask those kinds of questions, it's hard to answer all over again.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:12 AM

Quite alright. Thanks for your response!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: