Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 01:25 PM

770 posts, read 3,669,722 times

Advertisements

My husband is currently on a business trip in Georgia for several months. My children and I are heading down there in June to visit him. On the weekend we wanted to take a trip to either Savannah, GA or St. Augustine/Amelia Island, FL area.

We hear how beautiful Savannah is and how we she definitely go there, but my question is are Savahanna and Charleston similar in beauty? I know they are two different towns with unique histories..but we have been to Charleston and if it simply just another beautiful city with ancient trees, full of history and fountains we are thinking of going to FLorida instead. Thank you in advance for any positive advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 02:20 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,632,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njrover0216 View Post
My husband is currently on a business trip in Georgia for several months. My children and I are heading down there in June to visit him. On the weekend we wanted to take a trip to either Savannah, GA or St. Augustine/Amelia Island, FL area.

We hear how beautiful Savannah is and how we she definitely go there, but my question is are Savahanna and Charleston similar in beauty? I know they are two different towns with unique histories..but we have been to Charleston and if it simply just another beautiful city with ancient trees, full of history and fountains we are thinking of going to FLorida instead. Thank you in advance for any positive advice.
You should head to Fla that would not offer uhistorical ,,beautiful and have ancient trees. Might be boring after a while especially those fountains. You know the expression "if you have seen one fountain you've seen them all".

Old 05-22-2014, 03:09 PM

23,303 posts, read 43,756,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
You should head to Fla that would not offer uhistorical ,,beautiful and have ancient trees. Might be boring after a while especially those fountains. You know the expression "if you have seen one fountain you've seen them all".
HA! Just another historical city with fountains and ancient oaks. Nothing to see here. Move on.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:15 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,258,481 times
Simply another city! Ah come visit and see. I've never seen a cooler city in the South.

Now I really like Amelia Island. If you want beach close by, do Amelia. If you want to visit one of the most unique small cities in the country, visit Savannah.

I went to St. Augustine once and perhaps after being spoiled living here I was really unimpressed. There's nothing there! Anyone else feel like that? Gator farm was cool though. Maybe I'll venture back, I was just in and out for half a day.

Charleston to me is like the other Savannah. I like 'em both though.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:24 PM

974 posts, read 1,139,303 times
Amelia Island and St. Augustine are hardly in the same area. There's Jacksonville in between them, and that's a big city. It's only another 30 minutes' drive from Savannah to Amelia than it is from St. Augustine to Amelia. Heck, if you time it wrong, and hit traffic in Jax, you're likely to spend MORE time getting from Amelia to St. Augustine than you would from Savannah to Amelia.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:59 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,777,695 times
Savannah is far from "just another beautiful city" ... it's THE "most beautiful city" in America.

But if that kind of stuff doesn't impress you, just take your kids to the beach instead.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Savannah is far from "just another beautiful city" ... it's THE "most beautiful city" in America.

But if that kind of stuff doesn't impress you, just take your kids to the beach instead.
And no water parks in Savannah. There's a problem.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:04 PM

11,364 posts, read 24,319,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
But I have a sprinkler on my lawn!

Old 05-22-2014, 08:14 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,777,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
They're building one! Don't know if it's open yet?

Pooler mall property subdivided; water park slated to open in May | Savannahnow.com Mobile

Pooler water park 3/24/14 on Vimeo

Old 05-23-2014, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
They're building one! Don't know if it's open yet?

Pooler mall property subdivided; water park slated to open in May | Savannahnow.com Mobile

[vimeo]90822164[/vimeo]
[vimeo]90822164[/vimeo]
Pooler water park 3/24/14 on Vimeo
Oh, my dear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area