Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2015, 05:26 PM

1,684 posts, read 3,954,922 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good house cleaner? I am closing on my house next week and the movers will be here on 4/27. The new owner has "requested" the house be cleaned "sparkling clean" when I leave. Well - i had planned on giving it a quick shine but I'll have to leave when the movers leave or before to make sure I'm at the new place 5 hours away when they get there.... I got a quote today from a service for $200!!!! for my 900 square foot house?!?!?!?! It isn't filthy - laminate floors need to be damp mopped, sills wiped, I'll make sure the cabinets are wiped down and counters are clean, along with tub and toilet....
I was a little surprised by this request, as I always clean when I get to a new place - at least the counters, Fridge, tub and toilet....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 05:39 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelou View Post
Does anyone have a suggestion for a good house cleaner? I am closing on my house next week and the movers will be here on 4/27. The new owner has "requested" the house be cleaned "sparkling clean" when I leave. Well - i had planned on giving it a quick shine but I'll have to leave when the movers leave or before to make sure I'm at the new place 5 hours away when they get there.... I got a quote today from a service for $200!!!! for my 900 square foot house?!?!?!?! It isn't filthy - laminate floors need to be damp mopped, sills wiped, I'll make sure the cabinets are wiped down and counters are clean, along with tub and toilet....
I was a little surprised by this request, as I always clean when I get to a new place - at least the counters, Fridge, tub and toilet....
You are really only required to leave your house "broom clean". If you agreed to the deal in writing, then just hire some franchise team cleaner, and it should not cost that much. If you are not contractually obligated, tell the buyer's real estate agent to handle it.

Old 04-14-2015, 05:43 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,097,959 times
Merry Maids | Savannah, GA | Cleaning Service

My mom always enjoyed their services and attention to detail.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:28 PM

1,684 posts, read 3,954,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdude_Charlie View Post
Merry Maids | Savannah, GA | Cleaning Service

My mom always enjoyed their services and attention to detail.

yeah, they're the $200 quote.... believe me - that's ridiculous for the size of my house. It won't take more than 30 minutes in an empty house. I think I may see if I can pay one of my neighbors to damp mop the floors. If I needed a pre-dinner party cleaning and lived in a larger house, I could see the $ 200.... not for a move out spit shine.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:08 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,705,167 times
Smile Topless??? Not sure

^^^^ Might be high $$ but isn't that the package price for the topless maids?? Not sure but there was a service with a similar name. If I can recall the name I'll post it.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:54 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,030,408 times
You are highly underestimating the time it takes to do a move out clean. Even a relatively clean house your size will take at least 4 hours. This assuming oven and fridge clean is included. It's my profession and if it's done right it takes time to clean every surface of a house. Baseboard s,walls,shelves,cabinets,bathrooms etc... I'd probably charge about $100-150 for that house but I work for myself and not a commercial operation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area