Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2016, 08:30 PM

2,509 posts, read 1,861,780 times

Advertisements

"The America’s Best Communities (ABC) competition, a $10 million campaign that has inspired small towns and cities to pursue innovative solutions for revitalization, today announced its eight finalists at the ABC Summit in Durham, North Carolina. Each of the eight finalists received a $100,000 prize grant from competition sponsors Frontier Communications, DISH Network, CoBank and The Weather Channel. This funding award will empower the finalists to bring their new economic revitalization strategies to life.

Eight finalists stretch across the country: Chisago Lakes Area, Minnesota; Darrington/Arlington, Washington; Huntington, West Virginia; Lake Havasu City, Arizona; Madison, Indiana; Statesboro, Georgia; Tualatin, Oregon; and Valley County/Meadows Valley, Idaho were selected as finalists and will now continue their journey toward earning the competition’s $6 million in top prizes."

https://americasbestcommunities.com/...t-communities/

Winners will be announced next spring. 1st place gets $3 million, 2nd place gets $2 million, 3rd place gets $1 million.

Great news for the boro. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 08:54 PM

13,704 posts, read 22,018,027 times
This is totally unrelated (well, not really) but ... Has anyone heard from ALBANIA lately?

Old 05-27-2016, 08:44 AM

2,509 posts, read 1,861,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
This is totally unrelated (well, not really) but ... Has anyone heard from ALBANIA lately?
No idea. I was checking online and found this on a whim. I'm not as absorbed in local news as he is, but I do share the same kind of pride for my town that he does.

Old 05-29-2016, 02:33 PM

808 posts, read 1,020,509 times
ALBANIA BACK IN THE BUILDING!!! As it relates to the $100,000 that Boro Won i Totally Congratulate them for their efforts but i wish that the City could also take advantage of other resources like grants, loans ect. because waiting to see if you can win $1-3Million could possibly start to lose enthusiasm from potential developers! Right now we're currently at the HEIGHT of enthusiasm for this project and the last thing we need is to 'Lose Steam'. I'd say the City needs to start focusing on Bonds and Grants instead of just waiting to see if they can win a 'Contest' (In which they could Win or Lose) for Funds.

Old 05-29-2016, 06:37 PM

7,125 posts, read 11,742,642 times
welcome back Albania

Old 05-30-2016, 07:55 AM

808 posts, read 1,020,509 times
@Pink Caddy: Im glad to be back! Anyways this has always seemed to be statesboro's problem when it comes to development. It's like if their's some Company looking to relocate Here or in the Gateway Industrial Park at I-16(In which we've had about 3 announced in the last 8 months or so) we seem to turn into ENERGY DRINK MODE and KABOOM! We find funds via splost via bonds via leftover funds from grants for incentives But when it's Streetscape/Streetredevelopment it's like we turn into LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE and act cheap and very conservative like we can't find the funds and may need to 'enter into a 'contest or 'we need to see the scope of work that needs to be done' ect. I've noticed this trend my whole Boro Life. Me thinks it's Intentional! The boro elites don't really want change! They just do this so they can keep us 'Hanging On'. Of Course I Hope this isn't the case but i can't help but notice the trend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area