Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2008, 08:52 AM

2 posts, read 7,019 times

Advertisements

We are looking for other german or german speaking families in the greater Savannah area. Is there anyone out there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 10:54 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,180,644 times
Check out this site:

German Country Club
5150 Jasmine Ave
Savannah, GA 31404
Phone: (912) 354-0515

This club was founded by the German families in the Area a long time ago. I am sure that someone there would be able to give you more information. I don't know if it still is considered just for those of German heritage or not.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:16 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Come to Greenville. We have way more Germans than Savannah. BMW is the reason why.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:46 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,432,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrin View Post
Hallo tina,
mein Name ist Kathrin und ich bin erst nach Savannah gekommen und suche nach Leuten mit denen man diese Zeit besser geniessen kann.
Ich habe eine Familie, zwei Kinder ein Junge und ein Maedchen, 10 und 4.
Wie sieht es mit Dir aus?
Melde Dich doch einfach mal..
Meine E Mail adresse ist Moderator cut: bitte keine Veroeffentlichungen von privaten Sachen. wie z.B. E-Mail Adressen. Bitte Funktion "direct message" benutzen, um mit dem City- Data Member in Kontakt zu treten. Vielen Dank
Bis bald Kathrin
Translation:
Hello Tina
My name is Kathrin, and I just arrived in Savannah. I am trying to locate people, which could make my time enjoyable.
I have 2 children, a boy and a girl ages 10 and 4.
What do you think ?
My e-mail address is: Moderator cut: Please don't post private contact info (e-mail address, for example). Use direct message to contact a CD member instead. Thank you.
So long, Kathrin

I have to advice, that posts on City-Data can only be in English, please. Please refer to CD ToS (Terms of Service), Rules and Guidelines. Thank you.

Last edited by MB2; 08-05-2008 at 10:58 AM..

Old 08-05-2008, 11:04 AM
MB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by We need help! :-) View Post
Translation: We are from Germany as well, and still there (unfortunately). My husband is being stationed in Savannah comes next year. We are researching since 4 weeks now, to find out as much info about various things as possible.
What are your experiences until now?
We would look forward of getting in touch per e-mail with you...our e-mail address is:
Since I am German too, and familiar with the military, I can advice you to get in touch within the Savannah facility itself. They usually have support groups with like- minded individuals (like you) in order to find and connect.
I am absolutely certain, that there are other fellow German's located there, waiting for their spouses tour to end.
Usually it's best to get there FIRST, because it is very difficult to get something established beforehand.
Good luck to you guys.

Old 08-06-2008, 12:03 AM

7 posts, read 17,603 times
Hi MB2,
Sorry i wrote it in german, i´m not very familiar to the guidelnes yet :-) so thanks for your perfect translation ! :- )
But by the way, my husband is not getting stationed and there´s no military background. He has a job offer in savannah, so it will mean an immigration for our whole family. thats why its necesarry for us to get alot information in the first.

We´re thankfull for any advices or links around the theme immigration :-)

Old 08-08-2008, 09:25 AM
MB2

Sorry...misunderstood.
The only thing which came to my mind was a job transfer to another military facility.

Well, City Data ToS (Terms of Service) is found right here:
//www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Worth reading up on, and very straight forward and simple (for future reference)

However, you came to the right place, in wanting to find out information about the new place you will be locating to, as well as connecting with new people. (Germans living here, as well as Americans)

If you go the the main screen of City Data (not the forum), if will give you stats about any available city, town, county...etc., with stats derived from the US census branch. (Population, Unemployment, Proximity...etc.etc.etc.)
And, of course, here in the forum you are able to get questions answered as well.
The good thing is, here you will find all sorts of "pros" and "cons" (the good, the bad and the ugly)
And, valuable info coming from people actually LIVING or FROM there, will be able to tell you everything you inquire about.
You certainly won't find what you are looking for by just reading a "welcome to "so-and-so" brochure" ...LOL

Another "heads up" would be to either look up (or post) in the "Immigration" section of City Data (to be found at: //www.city-data.com/forum/immigration/

Also, please don't hesitate to send me a DM (direct message), if there's anything I can answer for you concerning immigration info and such.....I'm here to help.
Good luck !

Old 09-22-2008, 12:08 PM

1 posts, read 4,681 times
Default My wife is German

My wife is from Germany. She has just completed her 18 month visa in the US and we were just married 3 months ago. She is looking for a new job in Savannah, where her fluent speaking in German and English might be beneficial. Any suggestions?

Old 08-18-2010, 02:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,412 times
hi there here in savannah and hinesville,ga area are a lot of germans. ther is a german restaurant in hinesville where u meet a lot of germans too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area