Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2008, 10:28 AM

1 posts, read 6,691 times

Advertisements

Hello- I will be moving to the Savannah area in the future as I retire at 62 from Williamsburg, Va where prices, costs, etc have just gotten too high in the last few years. I have been in VA for the last 22 years, but time to move on. I did a property search and some the homes looked very nice and what I am looking for and in my price range but I am unfamiliar with the pros and cons of the diffrerent areas- which are the nicest and the pros and cons of each- Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 12:44 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,483,637 times
If you identify specific areas of interest posters might be able to offer more relevant opinions.

You could search for existing threads. Click 'Search' at the top of the screen and enter keywords such as: 'Savannah Wilmington Island' or 'Savannah Pooler'.

Here's the results of a similar search>>>
//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...archid=3736458

bhs

Old 02-23-2008, 04:23 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,180,644 times
There are many, many very nice areas that you would be happy with. Prices will range from less than 100,000 to more than several million. Waterfront? Close to hospitals? Easy access to supermarkets, libraries? And with or without public transportation? We really need to know what you are looking at, and what you want, before we can tell you pro or con.

I shouldn't have mentioned public transportation.....it's really not very good in many places.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:37 PM

3 posts, read 9,628 times
I'm looking for a good place for my daughter to move to! Good schools and good peolpe who treat you like family.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:49 PM

8 posts, read 34,621 times
Wilmington Island will be a good possibility. It's in between the beach and downtown. The cost of housing is slightly higher than the rest of the area such as Pooler (airport) or Richmond Hill, but you can get a wonderful ranch with a big yard for about mid to high 200s or low to mid 300s. You can pay premium for waterfront property, of course, there is plenty out here. The neighborhoods are a mix of older and newer built houses. You are so close to the water ... the beach or marshes and a lot of people own a boat. The public school (May Howard elementary) is supposed to be the best in the area. It's a family oriented community, so most of the dwellers are families with children. There is one golf course in the island, and best of all, Paula Deen and her sons live in the island!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: