Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 04:17 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,161,333 times

Advertisements

I think this project may be going where the Savannah Quarters lifestyle mall was once proposed. Not sure what chance this has of getting approved. It will certainly put more strain on Pooler Pkwy as this development will also have offices, amphitheater and loft homes.

Quote:
A Savannah real estate company has acquired 162 acres in Pooler for a resort-style mixed-use development including hotels, a conference center and amphitheater, shopping, offices and loft homes.
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...or-resort.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 04:27 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,909,282 times
Couldn't read past the paywall but that's my best guess. That's a prime piece of high-profile real estate that's long overdue for development.

Old 02-21-2017, 04:59 PM

450 posts, read 461,513 times
That has to be the property, it is the same size and the only piece in the area. One of the proposed layouts is list in the Villages at Savannah Quarters post. The good thing is this is right at 16 so hopefully it will spread the traffic out some. I think it is a great thing and the conference center and amphitheater are excellent ideas and greatly needed. We have nothing like it in Pooler.

Old 02-21-2017, 05:00 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,161,333 times
I found a better article at Savannahnow.com. This project will indeed be where the Savannah Quarters Mall was once proposed. According to the article, the development is going after high-end tenants will feature a grocery store as well. I could see Sprouts or Trader Joe's opening there.

Quote:
Still in the early phases of permitting, the 150-acre tract of land at Blue Moon Crossing is being developed by HD Companies, a real estate development company, which has offices in Beaufort, S.C., and Savannah.

HD announced the land acquisition this week.

“The tract was originally part of the Savannah Quarters tract, so a lot of the heavy lifting like zoning has already been done,” said David Hornsby, vice president in charge of development for HD Companies said Tuesday.

“We really think that intersection is going to be the next epicenter for Chatham County. It’s all about location, location, location.”

Hornsby said the project is expected to take about five years to complete, but will feature four hotels that surround a resort-style water recreation area, office space and a main street retail component, which will feature upscale boutique stores, coffee shops and a grocery store.

Hornsby said site plan renderings were not yet available.

“We’ll be a more high-end style shopping destination for Pooler,” Hornsby said of the planned retail use.

“The other side of Pooler has your bigger box stores and we’re not really looking for that, but we will have a couple of anchors.”

There are also plans for an amphitheater space on the property and Hornsby said he’d like to join forces with the City of Pooler to make that a public/private type partnership.
Firm plans hotels, amphitheater, stores in Pooler near I-16 | BiS | Business in Savannah News

Old 02-21-2017, 06:21 PM

I really hope this works out. Amphitheater is a great idea!

Old 02-21-2017, 06:40 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,909,282 times
This would be a good fit for Pooler and that location

Old 02-21-2017, 07:33 PM

643 posts, read 845,534 times
I'm excited. This will be more foot traffic for my restaurant.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:08 PM

Hopefully you get your restaurant off the ground. The new company that owns Savannah Quarters seems to be doing a lot of good things and expanding the area.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:17 PM

643 posts, read 845,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Survivor View Post
Hopefully you get your restaurant off the ground. The new company that owns Savannah Quarters seems to be doing a lot of good things and expanding the area.
Yes. Spoke to the commercial company a few days ago. Very excited to get this going.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:24 PM

Here's another project on that end. This one is a little further south closer to the fire station. The assisted living portion is about to start construction.
Attached Thumbnails
Savannah company acquires 162 acres for mixed-use development in Pooler-img_0129.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area