Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2017, 07:52 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,719,917 times

Advertisements

YIKES! I was at the airport last night around 5 waiting for the 7 o'clock flight back to NY. And then the BLACK gray doom looking storm came with it's brilliant light show and thunder that I would swear shook the building. It was quite a show with people trying to catch images of the lightning with their cell phone cameras. (Pretty hard to do).

Seven o'clock became about 9:40 PM and off we went. I must admit thunder storm in Savannah have it hands down over anything I have ever seen in all my travels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2017, 08:44 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,962,158 times
At least there's a couple of good bars and places to eat

Old 09-02-2017, 03:25 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,719,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
At least there's a couple of good bars and places to eat

Yes and no. At that hour and facing two hours on the plane you're getting pretty run down. I also didn't know what kind of flight it would be with all this weather around the country. Fairly smooth all the way.

Old 09-02-2017, 06:40 AM

50,407 posts, read 64,151,599 times
I love airports. I feel like once I've gotten through security, and sent my luggage off to the fates, I've left normal life behind and am off on an adventure. Bloody Mary? Sure. Cinnabon and Starbucks? Sure. A copy of Vanity Fair, and some great people watching, will keep me amused until my flight.

I'm less than 5 miles from the airport, Pink, and that was quite a storm alright.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:46 AM

1,987 posts, read 2,117,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I love airports. I feel like once I've gotten through security, and sent my luggage off to the fates, I've left normal life behind and am off on an adventure. Bloody Mary? Sure. Cinnabon and Starbucks? Sure. A copy of Vanity Fair, and some great people watching, will keep me amused until my flight.

Yes, except for LaGuardia. Hell on earth, with pretentious new food "venues" that are lousy for the cash you have to shell out for a sandwich or just a coffee + donut. I buy one thing there: a pink grapefruit -- overpriced but a nice size and near-perfection. Used to like Cinnabon before I discovered all the additives in those things. (And they're 800 calories apiece and pretty expensive.) The booze sounds much better. Many airport lounges mix a good drink. As for Savannah-HH Airport, I love it in every way.

Old 09-02-2017, 11:06 AM

50,407 posts, read 64,151,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonbauknight View Post
Yes, except for LaGuardia. Hell on earth, with pretentious new food "venues" that are lousy for the cash you have to shell out for a sandwich or just a coffee + donut. I buy one thing there: a pink grapefruit -- overpriced but a nice size and near-perfection. Used to like Cinnabon before I discovered all the additives in those things. (And they're 800 calories apiece and pretty expensive.) The booze sounds much better. Many airport lounges mix a good drink. As for Savannah-HH Airport, I love it in every way.
Oh sure, I've been in some bad airports, and I've never had one of those excruciatingly long waits either. I like Cinnabon BECAUSE they're so bad. I never get them otherwise. All thought of being sensible are off in the airport. I'm having them serve cigarettes and cinnabons at my funeral, lol. I'm in heaven with a lobster roll at Logan, or whatever the local thing happens to be.

I don't do any frequent nuts and bolts flying, but if I did, I'm sure I'd feel less enthralled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: