Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 05:40 PM

1,987 posts, read 2,111,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
LOL. You are most entertaining.
The American political divide (or chasm) is the new normal, and Savannah (the city) has become no less polarized. Perhaps you thought you were coming to a red state? Several GA cities are not, which is why the Thomas Center could be renamed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I predict this will go nowhere.
Firstly, the black community is very proud of Justice Thomas, and secondly, if a student sticks a petition in front of another student, the student will sign it without even knowing what it is for.
True. No one really knows what one grad student can organize at the student level. Maybe very little. But SCAD is way more liberal than many folks in Chatham County, and it's a private institution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 06:42 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,707,673 times
I don't need you to tell me where I thought I was going. I am well informed and know perfectly well the demographic make up of "old / new". Here there and everywhere Most, if not all, of the lemmings that have stepped on the bandwagon that leads to the fountain of the Kool Aid are being sucked right in by manipulation of social media. Don't you agree? Certainly you must agree with manipulation of US culture by outside forces? That was the basis of the leftist argument of how Trumo won. I agree. So now can't you see how the pattern of devisivness is being put upon the naive ? Enough said. I'm done with thread. Carry on.

d

Old 10-07-2018, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonbauknight View Post
The American political divide (or chasm) is the new normal, and Savannah (the city) has become no less polarized. Perhaps you thought you were coming to a red state? Several GA cities are not, which is why the Thomas Center could be renamed.

True. No one really knows what one grad student can organize at the student level. Maybe very little. But SCAD is way more liberal than many folks in Chatham County, and it's a private institution.
This needs clarification. Are you saying a scad student that is probably not registered to vote carries a greater say than "folks in Chatham County" if not, then what are you trying to say??

Old 10-08-2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
This needs clarification. Are you saying a scad student that is probably not registered to vote carries a greater say than "folks in Chatham County" if not, then what are you trying to say??

The SCAD student's voter registration is beside the point. The point: the student is registered as a grad student at SCAD and is on the inside of the college. The student could (well, potentially) organize a majority of students and faculty to lobby the executive board to change the name. "The folks in Chatham County" are on the outside of SCAD life. Also, SCAD is not a unit of the state's public university system and doesn't answer to Georgia voters. Why are some people incapable of understanding that?

Old 10-08-2018, 04:08 PM

[quote=masonbauknight;53305594Why are some people incapable of understanding that?[/QUOTE]

You're frustrated. I can see why. You have been on the losing side of things all this week. People don't understand you point of view. I know, one gets up on the soapbox of life and only one person in the audience of 1000's says " Baby, don't worry, we two are correct. I get it mason. Don't worry let's talk about this in November when things might go your way and you can hoot and shout in a more relax manner. It must get very tiring hooping shouting "Resist" when it's all for nought. Relax. It can only get.... well, I don't know.

Stay cool.

Old 10-08-2018, 05:45 PM

Quote:
You're frustrated. I can see why. You have been on the losing side of things all this week. People don't understand you point of view. I know, one gets up on the soapbox of life and only one person in the audience of 1000's says " Baby, don't worry, we two are correct. I get it mason. Don't worry let's talk about this in November when things might go your way and you can hoot and shout in a more relax manner. It must get very tiring hooping shouting "Resist" when it's all for nought. Relax. It can only get.... well, I don't know.

Stay cool.
The Thomas Center is the only argument here, nothing else. If this were Georgia Southern University, a rename would be impossible, the pushback very strong. But SCAD? Possible, and any local pushback ineffective.

Old 10-08-2018, 05:54 PM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonbauknight View Post
The Thomas Center is the only argument here, nothing else. If this were Georgia Southern University, a rename would be impossible, the pushback very strong. But SCAD? Possible, and any local pushback ineffective.
You really think SCAD is indifferent to their public image? I suppose they should dismantle their Public Relations Department in such case.

https://www.glassdoor.com/job-listin...?jl=2944847624

Old 10-08-2018, 08:15 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,277,188 times
really like your style mason, really like. I'm liberal on a lot things but value libertarian civil liberties. Your posts are eloquent and logical. pink, buddy. Why you coming at a really thoughtful poster that's been here forever? Icon, that is indeed a good point. Guess we'll see.

Old 10-09-2018, 04:13 AM

[quote=SavannahLife;53312318]really like your style mason, really like. I'm liberal on a lot things but value libertarian civil liberties. Your posts are eloquent and logical. pink, buddy. Why you coming at a really thoughtful poster that's been here forever? Icon, that is indeed a good point. Guess we'll see.[/QUOTE

SL: "Coming at a really thoughtful poster". Strange comment by any standard of what has happened in the streets the past month. "Logical", I think not. Not by a long shot. Taking a swipe at "the baker" and casting a snide remark about reglious beliefs ( two occasions) is a cheap shot as to avoid TOS on this board. I let it slide this time.

Sorry SL, I disagree with everything in your post

Old 10-09-2018, 05:24 AM

1,005 posts, read 729,704 times
Eh, it took UT about three years to remove the names of some racist/confederate WASP men, and about two to toss Confederate or slave-sympathizing statues along its main hall into a museum-- in independent ol' republican Texas even. I'm most convinced by Mason, but this could also be something that simply takes quite some time. It always begins with one person, and could multiply to thousands. Who knows? We'll see. And then we can judge public sentiment with more clarity. At the end of the day, though, I wish the SCAD students some type of success and learning in this situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area