Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 04:36 PM

450 posts, read 461,381 times

Advertisements

The developer is legit,they have quite a few hotels and other development. They have spent millions on infrastructure out there already. I would bet somebody got upset that their big announcement got out a little earlier than planned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 05:35 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,160,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Survivor View Post
The developer is legit,they have quite a few hotels and other development. They have spent millions on infrastructure out there already. I would bet somebody got upset that their big announcement got out a little earlier than planned.
Oh ok. Still, if the developers didn't want this info to leak, they shouldn't have put up a youtube video and site plan with specific tenants.

Old 02-05-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airforceguy View Post
Oh ok. Still, if the developers didn't want this info to leak, they shouldn't have put up a youtube video and site plan with specific tenants.
I agree, I think somebody jumped the gun. I am sure Costco, Starbucks and Top Golf want their dramatic press releases.

Old 02-05-2019, 08:06 PM

Quote:
I agree, I think somebody jumped the gun. I am sure Costco, Starbucks and Top Golf want their dramatic press releases.
I could agree with Costco and Top Golf wanting dramatic press releases, but nothing is special about Starbucks anymore. Also I think a Trader Joe's would be great for this project. Pooler certainly has the right demographics for one. Also have you heard any rumors about possible office tenants, hotels? Off topic, but looking at a google map of the project area, I see that Quacco Rd dead ends on the back side of this project. I wonder would it be feasible to extend Quacco across I-16 and to connect it with the other end of Quacco on the north side of I-16. It could serve as a relief corridor for the busier Pooler Parkway.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:14 PM

Quote:
I could agree with Costco and Top Golf wanting dramatic press releases, but nothing is special about Starbucks anymore. Also I think a Trader Joe's would be great for this project. Pooler certainly has the right demographics for one. Also have you heard any rumors about possible office tenants, hotels? Off topic, but looking at a google map of the project area, I see that Quacco Rd dead ends on the back side of this project. I wonder would it be feasible to extend Quacco across I-16 and to connect it with the other end of Quacco on the north side of I-16. It could serve as a relief corridor for the busier Pooler Parkway.
I haven't heard anything about offices. They have several brand in the Marriott line in their other hotels and I believe Marriott also has some type of convention center line as wel?? Quacco used to extend over 16 before Pooler Parkway was built. There won't be another bridge put back. The end behind Mosaic is being paved and a circle put by 16 as part of the Main entrance to the new apartments currently under construction there. The complex parallels 16 toward 95. It should open by the end of the year.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
I haven't heard anything about offices. They have several brand in the Marriott line in their other hotels and I believe Marriott also has some type of convention center line as wel?? Quacco used to extend over 16 before Pooler Parkway was built. There won't be another bridge put back. The end behind Mosaic is being paved and a circle put by 16 as part of the Main entrance to the new apartments currently under construction there. The complex parallels 16 toward 95. It should open by the end of the year.
I didn't know that. BTW, I see another major mixed-use project is planned for the S.H. Morgan tract. It's 194 acres. Lots of potential for something nice.

Quote:
LRP Hotels of S. Myrtle Beach, LLC petitioned to re-zone a 181.44 acre portion of The Ryals Tract and Parcel E of the J.E. Tuten Tract from R-1C (Single-Family residential) and MH-3 (Manufactured Home Park) to C-2 (Heavy Commercial) and R-3C (Multi-Family Residential). The property is located along Pooler Parkway across from S H Morgan Parkway. Attorney Harris Martin, representing the owner, Roger Patel, stated that when combined with the 12.63 acres of The Morgan Family PUD, the development will be a large-scale mixed use development. Commissioner Buckstine presented concern over whether the proposed zoning meets the City’s Comprehensive Plan, noting that while the DRI report states that it does, it appears on the future land use map that it doesn’t. After discussion, Commissioner Buckstine made a motion to recommend that Council defer the approval of the zoning map amendment until the consistency with the Comprehensive Plan is either confirmed or denied and if confirmed, conditions be placed including no access to Rogers Street unless for emergency purposes, at or before the site plan for the first component of the development is presented, an updated “conceptual” plan be presented to address traffic, access and wetlands. Motion was seconded by Commissioner Wellmaker and passed without opposition.
Quote:
LRP Hotels of Warner Robins, LLC has petitioned to re-zone a 12.63 acre portion of Parcel E-3 of The Morgan Tract Q located on Pooler Parkway, adjacent to S H Morgan Parkway, from Commercial PUD (Planned Unit Development) to a Multi-Family PUD. Attorney Harris Martin presented the request, stating that this acreage will be combined with the proposed multi-family development (Item #4) discussed previously. Based on the criteria, Commissioner Buckstine made a motion to recommend conditional approval of the zoning map amendment, with the same conditions as stated in the motion for Item #4. Motion was seconded by Commissioner Winn and passed without opposition.
https://www.pooler-ga.gov/13-plannin...zoning-minutes

Old 02-05-2019, 09:51 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,967,180 times
Quote:
I didn't know that. BTW, I see another major mixed-use project is planned for the S.H. Morgan tract. It's 194 acres. Lots of potential for something nice.

https://www.pooler-ga.gov/13-plannin...zoning-minutes
Check the date on that. 2018. That’s over a year old.

Old 02-06-2019, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
Check the date on that. 2018. That’s over a year old.
The agenda notes that I copied are from the November 26, 2018 meeting so its only 2 months old.

Old 02-06-2019, 05:28 PM

8,067 posts, read 4,741,403 times
Quote:
Off topic, but looking at a google map of the project area, I see that Quacco Rd dead ends on the back side of this project. I wonder would it be feasible to extend Quacco across I-16 and to connect it with the other end of Quacco on the north side of I-16. It could serve as a relief corridor for the busier Pooler Parkway.
It's been a while since I've ridden through there, but I'm pretty sure that at some point PP just becomes Quacco Road, and Quacco ends at Ogeechee Road (AKA Highway 17). There's a bridge over I-95 (no exits, just a bridge over the interstate).

I read somewhere (maybe here) that the county is going to four-lane Quacco all the way to Ogeechee Road because so many (myself included) discovered it was easier to cut through there to get from Pooler to the southside rather than get on 204 or 80. The problem is that portion of Quacco is a narrow, two-lane road going through a residential area with a lot of school bus stops and the like.

Old 02-06-2019, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
It's been a while since I've ridden through there, but I'm pretty sure that at some point PP just becomes Quacco Road, and Quacco ends at Ogeechee Road (AKA Highway 17). There's a bridge over I-95 (no exits, just a bridge over the interstate).

I read somewhere (maybe here) that the county is going to four-lane Quacco all the way to Ogeechee Road because so many (myself included) discovered it was easier to cut through there to get from Pooler to the southside rather than get on 204 or 80. The problem is that portion of Quacco is a narrow, two-lane road going through a residential area with a lot of school bus stops and the like.
Pooler Parkway does become Quacco near Savannah Quarters. There is now an "intersection" that is Pooler Pkwy/Quacco Rd/Old Quacco Rd. Old Quacco is the piece that runs behind Mosaic and has the Gates subdivision off of it. There is also a development started there that runs all the way to Easthaven, Blakely Commons. It has the nursing home and spending a bunch of money on infrastructure.

I saw the SH Morgan info. I think the first thing was an apartment complex and I thought there was a grocery store they had going in as well in the first phase. Supposed to start this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area