U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 05:02 PM

6,469 posts, read 5,706,795 times

Advertisements

The new video shows Costco and Starbucks. While no official announcements have been made, I know there has been speculation for months that these two would come to Mosiac Town Center. If done right, this could be similar to the Avalon Town Center project in north metro Atlanta.

Quote:
The conceptual drawings and video certainly are enough to get your imagination going on what this end of the Parkway could be like and offer, not to just people living in the area, but also people making the trip in from other areas of Chatham County and surrounding counties.

A video that was posted on YouTube in mid-January shows an aerial view of what developers call a neighborhood hub that features shopping, dining, living, and entertainment with an urban vibe.

What’s most notable, perhaps, is the business logos seen on that map: a Costco and a Starbucks.

There's been speculation about what's going in at Mosaic, but this is the first indication of any potential commitment.
New businesses coming to

New youtube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ9OdHSPi7s
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 06:13 PM

392 posts, read 267,272 times
The new layout on the website shows the convention center and hotel as well as top golf and at least 440 apartments.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Survivor View Post
The new layout on the website shows the convention center and hotel as well as top golf and at least 440 apartments.
Wow, if Mosiac Town Center turns out like the site plan, it would truly be a great development. I wonder when an official announcement will be made. I could see Cheesecake Factory or even an apple store/microsoft store being apart of this project.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:03 PM

392 posts, read 267,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airforceguy View Post
Wow, if Mosiac Town Center turns out like the site plan, it would truly be a great development. I wonder when an official announcement will be made. I could see Cheesecake Factory or even an apple store/microsoft store being apart of this project.
I agree, as I understand it, Costco, Starbucks, Chick Fil-a and Top Golf are signed. The owner is doing the hotel and convention center space. I have heard both Whole Food and Fresh Market are interested. Apple/Microsoft would be a good fit. The St. Joseph campus expansion and if Memorial builds something will really drive how explosive the growth gets on this end of the Parkway. I saw Pooler is putting money in SPLOST VII to widen the Parkway since Chatham failed to do like they said in the current SPLOST.

Old 02-05-2019, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Survivor View Post
I agree, as I understand it, Costco, Starbucks, Chick Fil-a and Top Golf are signed. The owner is doing the hotel and convention center space. I have heard both Whole Food and Fresh Market are interested. Apple/Microsoft would be a good fit. The St. Joseph campus expansion and if Memorial builds something will really drive how explosive the growth gets on this end of the Parkway. I saw Pooler is putting money in SPLOST VII to widen the Parkway since Chatham failed to do like they said in the current SPLOST.
This is exactly why Chatham needs to creat a TSPLOST. Whether people and politicans want to face it or not, Savannah is the fastest growing area of the state and the current splosts cannot handle the many transportation needs of the area. Pooler Pkwy/Quacco Rd, Little Neck Rd all need to be widened. An interchange needs to be added at I-95 and Quacco/Little Neck Rds. Also the interchanges at Bloomingdale Rd/I-16 and I-95/Airways Ave need to be rebuilt.

Old 02-05-2019, 07:46 AM

13,708 posts, read 18,277,034 times
From the layout looks like TopGolf will have an amazing visual presence from I-16

Old 02-05-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
From the layout looks like TopGolf will have an amazing visual presence from I-16
Indeed. Since the developer is planning a hotel and convention center , the top golf will be an instant draw. I also see office space is planned, I wonder what tenants would be interested in Pooler? It's crazy to think how much Pooler is changing. Pooler is quickly becoming Savannah's first true "edge city".

Old 02-05-2019, 10:15 AM

408 posts, read 377,410 times
What's fascinating is since this story broke yesterday, Mosaic took down their video and website. I wonder if a certain tenant is not actually signed on yet.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc100890 View Post
What's fascinating is since this story broke yesterday, Mosaic took down their video and website. I wonder if a certain tenant is not actually signed on yet.
I have to wonder now if this developer is even legit. Why post a video and redo your website only to take it down when a news article is done about it. They seem shady to me now. I hope I'm wrong though

Old 02-05-2019, 01:18 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,750,132 times
^^ Maybe it's going to be a movie studio??? I hear it'll be big! Think I heard it was by Shapiro Partners llc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area