Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 11:30 AM

857 posts, read 843,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnr_98 View Post
Is there an area in Berwick that you recommend? There are so many developments in there. I've driven around a little and found some to have the houses way to close together with narrow streets that you have to maneuver around cars to drive through. It would be nice to be in a development that wasn't so tight.
Lynnr,

I'd reccomend joining the Nextdoor site/app so you can maybe connect w local residents and possibly get a realtor. There is quite a bit of ongoing development outside of Southbridge neighborhood, towards the Berwick area. You may find something there. Only having ran and biked through those areas it is hard to say what would suit you best but there are quite a few new homes for sale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2019, 09:30 AM

13,399 posts, read 28,712,493 times
[quote=pink caddy;54685899]
Quote:

If I had it to do over, I would have spent a little more money and moved to Coffee Bluff or Berwick and been closer to my job and my daughter who is near Forsyth park. She lived with us only a month after graduating college and couldn't take being so far away from Savannah. She actually chose to rent an ugly room in a dilapidated old house rather than commute from Port Wentworth.[/quote

I knew nothing about "Berwick" until 4 months ago when I purchase a large home for renovating. I'm almost finished with the job and I can't believe how much I fell in love with this house and its' location. I also can't believe after 10 years in Savannah I had never passed thru this part of Savannah
Hello Pink Caddy:

I was just in Savannah for a few days checking out areas, wish I had known about Berwick, so now looking on realtor a few homes interested me but when I click on crime map it's in the deep orange zone, not the deepest but next one down. What sort of crime?

I've ruled out Pt Wentworth and Garden city. Liked areas of Pooler, Georgetown and Wilmington Island, all though Wilmington may be out of my comfort budget zone

Old 03-16-2019, 10:15 AM

7 posts, read 5,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedvedActual View Post
Lynnr,

I'd reccomend joining the Nextdoor site/app so you can maybe connect w local residents and possibly get a realtor. There is quite a bit of ongoing development outside of Southbridge neighborhood, towards the Berwick area. You may find something there. Only having ran and biked through those areas it is hard to say what would suit you best but there are quite a few new homes for sale.
Over the last week I’ve explored all kinds of areas, looked at many homes and really thought I’d end up buying in Berwick. I liked the walking trails and the convenience of the area. I had heard about Coffee Bluff before but thought it was out of my price range as I wanted to stay under $250k. My realtor suggested I look at the new homes at Coffee Pointe. It’s the final phase of building. Since it’s just me and my husband, we don’t need a lot of space and I found a 3bd 2ba brand new home for $239,990 with $10k of incentives that will cover my closing costs, and they’ll include all appliances including the refrigerator and install blinds on all windows. I can’t tell you how excited I am to get out of Port Wentworth and that long, horrible commute on 21. Only 6 miles to/from work now and even a better commute than if I chose Berwick.

Old 03-16-2019, 11:25 AM

4,120 posts, read 6,604,833 times
Quote:
Over the last week I’ve explored all kinds of areas, looked at many homes and really thought I’d end up buying in Berwick. I liked the walking trails and the convenience of the area. I had heard about Coffee Bluff before but thought it was out of my price range as I wanted to stay under $250k. My realtor suggested I look at the new homes at Coffee Pointe. It’s the final phase of building. Since it’s just me and my husband, we don’t need a lot of space and I found a 3bd 2ba brand new home for $239,990 with $10k of incentives that will cover my closing costs, and they’ll include all appliances including the refrigerator and install blinds on all windows. I can’t tell you how excited I am to get out of Port Wentworth and that long, horrible commute on 21. Only 6 miles to/from work now and even a better commute than if I chose Berwick.
I live in Coffee Pointe..

I would look at the older homes vs. the new builds. Completely different price points based upon the materials used. Most of them are in the high 270's though.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...25_rect/15_zm/

Old 03-16-2019, 12:14 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,696,751 times
[quote=njkate;54695542]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post

Hello Pink Caddy:

I was just in Savannah for a few days checking out areas, wish I had known about Berwick, so now looking on realtor a few homes interested me but when I click on crime map it's in the deep orange zone, not the deepest but next one down. What sort of crime?

I've ruled out Pt Wentworth and Garden city. Liked areas of Pooler, Georgetown and Wilmington Island, all though Wilmington may be out of my comfort budget zone
My house is in Legacy. Heritage Way. I have seen no evidence of crime at all.

Old 03-18-2019, 05:58 AM

50,330 posts, read 63,895,871 times
Quote:
That’s great! That traffic, day after day, sucks the life out of you.

Old 03-18-2019, 09:57 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,907,102 times
Speaking of HELLO AGAIN ... The Collective Face Theater Ensemble will present the final weekend of their musical “Hello Again” this coming weekend on the campus of Savannah State University. Written and composed by Michael John LaChiusa, this provocative show explores the twisted interconnected sex lives of a series of characters over 100 years. Rates R for adult themes, language, simulated sex and brief nudity.

No ... I’m not in this show
Attached Thumbnails
Hello Again-9de02404-265a-4c44-8f11-d7fbcfec205a.jpeg  

Old 03-23-2019, 03:52 PM

13,399 posts, read 28,712,493 times
Looking for real estate when you are five hours away is not feasible.
Hope I didn't make a mistake but just rented an apt in The Oaks on Wilmington Island, so I'm at least living in the area.

Comments welcomed as been approved with a tentative move in June, no lease signed yet

Old 03-23-2019, 06:11 PM

450 posts, read 461,381 times
That is a good apartment complex. It will give you an idea about travel time and you will have time to research any other area you may like.

Old 03-24-2019, 04:49 AM

50,330 posts, read 63,895,871 times
That sounds like a good plan. Take your time and get your bearings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area