U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2019, 01:49 PM

189 posts, read 191,283 times

Advertisements

My Wife and I are going to spend a couple nights in the Historic District of Savannah. It's for a special anniversary being we were married on February 29,leap year. We've booked a room at the River Street Inn which we've stayed at before and love it. We know there's a lot of fine dining in the area but we prefer the different,quaint,funky kind of places.We don't avoid the fine dining for cost reasons,it's just not our thing. We like the places with good cocktails,eccentric appetizers,and a diverse clientele. Not quite sure if I'm explaining this right. If you might have any suggestions or recommendations we'd be all ears.
Thanks in advance.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2019, 03:08 PM

884 posts, read 860,786 times
There are some offbeat choices. But I'll link a few of my fave non-fine-dining options downtown...
There's Treylor Park, Narobia's Grits N' Gravy (breakfast), Green Truck, Crystal Beer Parlor, Fire Street Food, Vinnie Van Go-Go's, Mrs. Wilke's Dining Room (lunch only - prepare to stand in line!), Sandfly BBQ, Fox & Fig (vegetarian), I hear tell Rhett is pretty good (haven't tried it).

Old 12-12-2019, 02:58 AM

13,708 posts, read 18,292,120 times
I will second Coastal Guy's suggestions ... especially Crystal Beer Parlor! But if creative cocktails and eccentric appetizers are your thing you'll absolutely love the ORDINARY PUB on West Broughton and it's new sister gastro pub THE COMMON on East Broughton!

Ordinary Pub

https://www.broughtoncommon.com/

Old 12-12-2019, 07:05 AM

Thanks for the suggestions you've posted. The Ordinary looks like a place that I've tried to describe. Looking at the map and we think it's walkable to the River Street Inn?
Any other suggestions will be looked at and mutely appreciated.

Old 12-12-2019, 11:26 AM

1,492 posts, read 3,321,293 times
If you can get over to Ghost Coast Distillery, they have some terrific drinks. On Friday nights, they have a comedy show too. I second the Treylor Park. I send guests to both places when in town. (Back driving for a tour bus company)

Old 12-12-2019, 11:32 AM

40,283 posts, read 49,800,510 times
Yes, you can easily walk to The Ordinary from River St.

How about Betty Bombers on Bull St. About a mile from Bay St. I love The Vault, also on Bull St. Not exactly a hole in the wall, but awesome asian fusion.

Old 12-12-2019, 02:38 PM

Thanks for all the recs so far. Been busy checking out the websites. Any more humble opinions are always welcome. Looks like its going to be a fun time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area