Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2008, 07:47 AM

8 posts, read 17,335 times

Advertisements

I am a wife and mother to 4 small children. My husband is in Accounting/finance and is wanting to relocate to or around the Savannah or Atlanta area. We currenty live in a very small town and I love that feel. I am looking for a great area to raise kids, good schools, low crime rate, close to shopping. I am a nurse and would love to work close to home (posibliy for a private practice, family doctor or pediatrician). Can anyone please give me some ideas on where to start?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 10:38 AM

28 posts, read 82,574 times
If you still want to live in a very small town, I would recommend Midway Ga. It is about 30 minutes away from Savannah, but there are some doctors in Richmond Hill that you could work for. I don't know if you would want to live on the water, but there are some Deep Water Houses that have over 10 ft of water at low tide that sell for under $400,000. I just looked on realtor.com and there is one that is 2600 sqft with 4br and 3 ba right on the water and furnished for $399,000 and I bet you could get it for $370,000 in this market. The ocean is only 14 miles by boat and you can waterski in the river. Midway is the next town to really boom and this is the time to buy something down there if you are looking for a small town close to Savannah. If you don't like boating, you still could buy something really reasonable for about $150,000 with some land.

Other than that, Richmond Hill has a smaller town feel, but the prices are higher and it also has a little bit of the suburbs feel to it. Fast food restaurants, vinyl siding houses, and the deep water houses are about double.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:24 PM

5 posts, read 11,682 times
Savannah is such a great area. I came from a small town...you know the kind with four lights that look like a tick tack toe board. I thought the "Big City" was not going to be for me. I was wrong. It's not the bigness of Atlanta. It's spread out and more laid back. Where Atlanta is a busy, go go go city. Savannah has many great parks and things for families to do. If you are looking for more of a down home town, I would suggest Pooler, Rincon, or Garden City. They are all really nice places with pretty good school systems. I am a Real Estate agent so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I will be glad to help in any way I can.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:01 PM

726 posts, read 3,594,994 times
West Chatham small towns; I would suggest Pooler, Bloomingdale, or Port Wentworth

Letters to the editor | SavannahNow.com
Bloomingdale has the best Elementary
and a new K-8 is being built in "Godley Station"
And a new High School in "New Hempstead"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area