Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2022, 02:02 PM

17 posts, read 16,572 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

My wife and I currently reside in Southern Indiana and are considering a move to the Savannah area. We visited Myrtle beach last yr and loved it. I grew up on the coast and have always wanted to move nearer the beach again, with remote working now making that possible. Unfortunately the Charleston area is out of our budget and I have heard others suggest the Savannah area. I've done a bit of research and we both like what we have seen so far, which is why I'm here.

What we want is somewhere within reasonable distance of the beach (45 mins) and be able to have 1/2 to 1 acre property, with a budget of (currently) $350k but could stretch a little more if needed. From what I've read around here it appears properties 1/2 acre and over are more likely to be affordable in area like Rincon, Richmond Hill or Bryan, Effington, Bulloch county.

Is this a realistic aim? We would like a small plot of land, but also don't want to live in the middle of nowhere.

Other hints and tips are greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2022, 02:59 PM

975 posts, read 1,149,545 times
The beach is on the opposite side of town from where you might find that kind of property, so you're not going to get that combo at this point, I don't think. Think west-side - like mid-Effingham County or even Bryan Co. out by Pembroke. You better work fast, though. Pembroke is about to see a lot of folks looking for housing as the new Hyundai plant is going in nearby in the near future.

Things have dried up anywhere close to Chatham Co. And, traffic is a B. It's actually a really difficult market for a lot of things unless you have lots of money to spend.

Old 08-15-2022, 08:27 PM

450 posts, read 462,004 times
Effingham County along Highway 80 and most of the southern part are close to the 45 minutes and 1/2 acre lots are available. As mentioned, the impending Hyundai Plant & Port growth is creating a demand for any property in western Chatham and out to Statesboro. Older residential is being bought in groups to add warehouses and now the remaining large tracts further out will serve Hyundai & additional businesses. Northern Bryan is rural but that is about to have an explosive change and I don’t know how they will handle it, it’s already behind in infrastructure & safety services.

Old 08-15-2022, 08:43 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,276,335 times
Land, sure. Land with a house, less likely.

Most houses with land like that are mostly out in Effingham or Bryan county as mentioned. Those are more than an hour from Tybee. Google Rincon or Richmond Hill - Tybee.

You might find some older houses in the islands with an acre or more I suppose, but more than 350.

Actually, just maybe, look in Coffee Bluff area, might find something. I think that might be the most likely area. See this for example, over an acre. 3bed 3bath. 400k. Built 1994. Pretty nice actually. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3...14189639_zpid/

Old 08-16-2022, 09:49 AM

50,369 posts, read 63,964,084 times
You might try Bloomingdale. Its right next to booming Pooler, but it’s still a sleepy small town.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...lot-sqft-21780

Old 08-17-2022, 01:11 PM

17 posts, read 16,572 times
Thanks all for the replies. At the moment it is looking more likely we will choose somewhere else but appreciate the good information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area