U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 09:52 AM

378 posts, read 1,490,893 times

Advertisements

Has anyone tried this pizza? ellie I know you have info on this place. Please advise.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 11:18 AM

10,276 posts, read 21,171,200 times
LOL It's a Savannah landmark. I used to eat there frequently. Haven't been in awhile and have heard the pizza is not what it used to be. I imagine it's still really good and a fun place to eat. Definitely worth going.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:02 PM

Thanks ellie. If you know of anywhere else we need to go when we are there please let me know, I'll add it to my list.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:14 PM

165 posts, read 467,817 times
Vinnie's is great. Wonderful sauce. And be forewarned...if you order a calzone, I will be IMPRESSED if you can finish it in one sitting. Super yummy. Note that they only take cash, but as ellie said, it is truly a landmark.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:22 PM

Thanks mrsnespy. I did notice that they only take cash. It looks like a lot of things in Savannah only take cash.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:24 PM

165 posts, read 467,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANLEY50 View Post
Thanks mrsnespy. I did notice that they only take cash. It looks like a lot of things in Savannah only take cash.
Really? I'm no expert on the city, as some other posters seem to be, but I really haven't noticed that so much. I know that Vinnie's and Mrs. Wilkes are like that, but where else have you found? (I may just learn a thing or two from you)

Old 10-03-2008, 12:40 PM

Actually is was Mrs. Wilkes. I just want to make sure I bring enough cash because I LOVE TO EAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-03-2008, 02:04 PM

10,276 posts, read 21,171,200 times
I also like to eat at Sakura on E. Broughton St. It's a funny little Japanese restaurant with a very eccentric waitstaff and reasonable prices.

Blowing Smoke on MLK is also a great place to go. They serve barbecue, fried fish, and grilled vegetables. Their outdoor courtyard is a great place to hang out. Friday evenings they have live music. It's one of the few places you might not want to walk to. It's in a transitional area on the edge of downtown. During the day, it would be fine. There's plenty of parking in their gravel lot at Gaston St. and MLK.

You're right about places to eat. You probably won't go wrong, even if you try some place no one has thought to mention.

I've also heard great things about the food at Churchills on Bay. It would be good on a cold February night. Actually all of the pubs serve good food.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:54 AM

13,124 posts, read 25,853,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I also like to eat at Sakura on E. Broughton St. It's a funny little Japanese restaurant with a very eccentric waitstaff and reasonable prices.

Blowing Smoke on MLK is also a great place to go. They serve barbecue, fried fish, and grilled vegetables. Their outdoor courtyard is a great place to hang out. Friday evenings they have live music. It's one of the few places you might not want to walk to. It's in a transitional area on the edge of downtown. During the day, it would be fine. There's plenty of parking in their gravel lot at Gaston St. and MLK.

You're right about places to eat. You probably won't go wrong, even if you try some place no one has thought to mention.

I've also heard great things about the food at Churchills on Bay. It would be good on a cold February night. Actually all of the pubs serve good food.

Love Churchill's and whenever we are in Savannah we eat there at least once!

Old 10-07-2008, 01:06 AM

4,524 posts, read 7,720,124 times
Vinnie's has the best pizza in Savannah IMO. There and Tubby's Tankhouse on River Street has great seafood.
I usually tell the guests that at my hotel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area