Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 01:50 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Plain Al View Post
" The Islander, Crow bar, Daquari Island, Shamrocks, and Beef o' Brady's which is a sportsbar/eatery. These places are all quality places to go kick back a few drinks with friends, play some pool, listen to some music, in a laid back atmosphere. Except for the crowbar...I've never set food in there...but from what I hear, it's not a very quality place. Dirty, dingy, kind of like the old Moon Ship..or Light Ship, whatever that old bar that resembled a boat was like...."

Been in them all.
You missed Cheers, and The Britannia, and a few more tho.
My take...
Crowbar...nope, just what you said.
Cheers...nope. A buncha true locals that won't give you a chance to fit in.
The Britannia... once in a while with friends. Mostly a younger, and louder crowd.
The Islander...My home, away from home. Every time I go in there I make a new friend. and the bartenders are the nicest ones I've met yet. Looks, and attitude.

And if you're a senior in high school, why the heck have you been in all these places anyway?
Just askin', is all.
The Islander....would young 50 somethings be comfy there to have a brew, watch some Nascar, Football, whatever and be comfortable...not to loud but not deathly quiet either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 10:42 AM

42 posts, read 132,679 times
If things are the same as they were the last time I went in there, then I would say yes. However, that was years ago. Haha.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:21 AM

737 posts, read 2,459,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
The Islander....would young 50 somethings be comfy there to have a brew, watch some Nascar, Football, whatever and be comfortable...not to loud but not deathly quiet either
Yes!
During the week, kinda a neighborehood bar.
Quiet crowd. decent music.
Friday and Saturday nights the the party starts to pick up.
Karoke, and dance.
And pool shooters.
Mixed crowd.
Sunday afternoons are poker players, and sports on the big screens.
$1.00 drafts, $1.50 Margaritas all day.
Big party tomorrow.
I'm gonna avoid that.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:09 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Plain Al View Post
Yes!
During the week, kinda a neighborehood bar.
Quiet crowd. decent music.
Friday and Saturday nights the the party starts to pick up.
Karoke, and dance.
And pool shooters.
Mixed crowd.
Sunday afternoons are poker players, and sports on the big screens.
$1.00 drafts, $1.50 Margaritas all day.
Big party tomorrow.
I'm gonna avoid that.
Sounds like my kind of place cool!!!
Planning a look see trip again in a few months..I'll be asking you for directions to this place
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area