U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 02:21 PM

8 posts, read 20,838 times

Advertisements

We are celebrating my daughters remission and will meet Nana & Paw Paw in Savannah at Easter. I am looking for local activities for the kids. I have a two page list of items from tours, forts, teas, nature reserves but lack local input for Easter things not to miss. My girls are 10 and 11 and still like a good Easter egg hunt. Nana loves a good brunch. Any ideas are welcome.

Thank You.

PS My girls like fishing and Captain Stan on Tybee was mentioned in another blog. Does anyone know of his boat/charter? Do children need fishing license?

Thanks

Susie
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 03:47 PM

737 posts, read 2,290,513 times
Check the Google ads at the bottom of your post.

Old 03-14-2009, 06:43 PM

Our google ads must be different.

I have Carlsbad flowerfields and Brunswick homes.
Yellowpages ad for brunches anywhere USA......

Maybe I can find a personal touch in another place. I guess all of Savannah's Easter Hunts are held earlier than Easter Day.

If anyone else has attended a terrific Easter brunch in Savannah, your comments would be most welcome.

Thank You

Old 03-15-2009, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildanimalpark View Post
Our google ads must be different.

I have Carlsbad flowerfields and Brunswick homes.
Yellowpages ad for brunches anywhere USA......

Maybe I can find a personal touch in another place. I guess all of Savannah's Easter Hunts are held earlier than Easter Day.

If anyone else has attended a terrific Easter brunch in Savannah, your comments would be most welcome.

Thank You
Sorry 'bout dat.
Today mine are different too.

Carlsbad Flowerfields?
Wild Animal Park = Escondido CA.
Carlsbad is right next door.

I don't "do" easter or brunches, but I'll ask around.

Fishing...
Captain Judy.
And a host of others.
And here's the addy of a friend of mine that does charters...
buddyleescharters@yahoo.com

Old 03-15-2009, 08:57 AM

10,479 posts, read 21,555,601 times
Maybe this wasn't easy to find, but it would seem obvious to search the local newspaper. Search Results - Discover Things To Do - SavannahNow

The event at Skidaway State Park sounds great. http://gastateparks.org/net/calendar...s=164583.0.0.5

Old 03-15-2009, 09:29 AM

"Maybe this wasn't easy to find, but it would seem obvious to search the local newspaper."

I was gonna suggest the same thing, but didn't wanna seem...hostile?
Y'all know how I get sometimes when we get asked to do all the work.

And here's two more...
Savannah News, Sports, and Weather | WSAV
WTOC, Savannah, Georgia, news, weather and sports | WTOC Home

Old 03-15-2009, 10:11 AM

LOL, we're on the same page, Al. No offense to the OP, since no one forces us to do this.

Because the Savannah Morning News' webpage is such a nightmare to use, I thought I'd lend a hand.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:33 AM

"...since no one forces us to do this."
True enough.
But some on this bored were so helpful to me when I decided to head down heah, I try to help where I can too.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:03 AM

Thank You for the link to Skidaway. I had checked savannahnow but everything I found was from late March to early April. Nothing I found was beyond April 7. I even found an Animal Easter Hunt fund raiser that I am sorry to miss. Sometimes it takes a local to know the right information. This just sounds perfect for us. I truely appreciate your time and effort to answer my question.

PS. I still cannot find Easter Egg Hunts for 2009 at savannahnow. I search for Easter, Easter+ 2009, Easter Egg, Easter Hunt, 2009 + Easter. I get hunts from 2007 or 2008 etc....

So again I thank YOU for taking the time to actually look up the item and share it with me. i have spent a week booking 6 airline tickets, one condo in a safe close historic district area, a list of restaurants, two tours, several driving places, Tybee, 8th Airforce, two forts, a reserve, a tea room, and two pages of things to do or consider doing. I failed at Easter egg hunts. Not everyone is looking for the easyway out. I research a lot and was frustrated at my inability to locate this last item. Since my daughter has been ill I have raised research to a new level for me. I question and research everything. I spend two to three hours a day looking something up. Kindness is contagious, I will certainly assist others in their request.

Last edited by wildanimalpark; 03-16-2009 at 12:26 AM.. Reason: more info...

Old 03-16-2009, 05:55 AM

The trick to the finding that info was knowing that there is a community calendar in the "DO" section. I simply searched there using the term "Easter". It's an obscure link that did not provide results when I included the word "egg". Since it's still a little early, there will probably be more events posted when it gets closer to Easter.

Don't worry about it. Al and I are frustrated by others, not you. We like helping out - he's new in town and I've been here awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area