U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 05:48 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,569,008 times

Advertisements

My scouts are coming on down in July!!!!!!

we are going on a tour and have a bunch of things lined up - tell me what you think of a few of these things, when you have a chance.....

Savannah, Georgia, Casbah Moroccan Restaurant, Dining with Nightly Entertainment

The Pirates House Savannah, Georgia (should they dress like pirates? or tacky)

Sorrel Weed House - Savannah Ghost Tours: Savannah House Tours

The Crab Shack "Where The Elite Eat In Their Bare Feet!"

Savannah Riverboat Cruises (http://www.savannah-riverboat.com/cruise_gospel.php - broken link)

one night we are going on a dolphin cruise, not sure which one though....

I think this is the place we will also be going to dredge the waters..

Savannah Georgia | Tybee Marine Science Center

of course no trip with scouts is complete without visiting

Girl Scouts of Historic Georgia | W E L C O M E

any advice, anything sound better than the others????

are there any beaches the girls may like to go to if we have a few extra hours?

thanks.....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 06:32 AM

737 posts, read 2,276,957 times
"one night we are going on a dolphin cruise, not sure which one though...."
BuddyLeesCharters@yahoo.com

Not an ad, just a friend, is all.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Plain Al View Post
"one night we are going on a dolphin cruise, not sure which one though...."
BuddyLeesCharters@yahoo.com

Not an ad, just a friend, is all.
The entire trip is booked, and that is probably where we are going to do this? However I didnt have the specifics, so I didnt post that particular link....I hope we have good weather ....... I rem spending a summer in Atlanta, great place, rained a bit every day then sun the rest of the time!

Old 03-17-2009, 07:30 AM

378 posts, read 1,490,028 times
They'll love the Pirates House. I'm sure they can dress up. I was there in Feb. and at there twice. Yum Yum. The Historic District is wonderful to walk around and look at all the squares and old building. Take a trolley ride and get your bearings.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:55 AM

7,100 posts, read 25,240,125 times
The Casbah is rather small. If your troup is large, it could be a problem for the restaurant. You could find yourself with a lot of giggles. I was looking at their web page for the Girl Scout Special. It sounds interesting. It certainly would be something unusual for them to talk about when they got home.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:18 AM

737 posts, read 2,276,957 times
If you're out at Tybee, you're on the only beach around heah.
Unless ya wanna walk in the muck on the marshes?

Old 03-17-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Plain Al View Post
If you're out at Tybee, you're on the only beach around heah.
Unless ya wanna walk in the muck on the marshes?

nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh they are going to be dredging the water, that should cool them off! lol besides, they have a swimming pool at the hotel if they need it and after a day of this, I am sure they will utilize it........

Old 03-17-2009, 12:37 PM

165 posts, read 467,759 times
My mom just brought a group on a school trip and they went to the Tybee Marine Science Museum. I knew nothing about it, but they went anyway and she said that they thoroughly enjoyed it...and learned a lot.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:39 PM

10,272 posts, read 21,158,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
My scouts are coming on down in July!!!!!!

we are going on a tour and have a bunch of things lined up - tell me what you think of a few of these things, when you have a chance.....

Savannah, Georgia, Casbah Moroccan Restaurant, Dining with Nightly Entertainment

The Pirates House Savannah, Georgia (should they dress like pirates? or tacky)

Sorrel Weed House - Savannah Ghost Tours: Savannah House Tours

The Crab Shack "Where The Elite Eat In Their Bare Feet!"

Savannah Riverboat Cruises (http://www.savannah-riverboat.com/cruise_gospel.php - broken link)

one night we are going on a dolphin cruise, not sure which one though....

I think this is the place we will also be going to dredge the waters..

Savannah Georgia | Tybee Marine Science Center

of course no trip with scouts is complete without visiting

Girl Scouts of Historic Georgia | W E L C O M E

any advice, anything sound better than the others????

are there any beaches the girls may like to go to if we have a few extra hours?

thanks.....
I'm not the biggest fan of the Crab Shack. It's rather expensive for what you get, but if you're from out of town it's pretty cool. The Casbah is a lot of fun. It's fun to eat with your fingers instead of forks and knives. They offer some interesting activities, as well. Haven't been to the Pirates House in years but your group will probably enjoy it.

The Juliette Low House is definitely a high quality experience. Very educational and inspiring.

The beach is always worth a visit. The girls will need to stretch their legs and run around. The pier is free. Then take a short walk around to the far south end of the island. It's very pretty and less crowded than the main beach. Don't swim there...funny currents, stick to the main beach where the lifeguards are.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:39 PM

842 posts, read 2,032,804 times
The Pirate's House has an excellent buffet for lunch. They also have children's Pirate Mask Menus. They use to be free, but now they charge a buck for them. I got one anyway.
Tybee Island is great. Might even get to see John Cougar Mellencamp buzzing around the Island on his bike. He owns a house on the beach.
If you go to the beach, bring the boogie boards. There are shops you can buy them from there if you don't have one. As said before, stay where the lifeguards are.
The Squares are great and there is a lot of history of the city you can learn on the tours. And they'll show you the bench that Forrest Gump was sitting on in the movie - it's in one of the squares. We took a ghost tour that left from the Pirate House parking lot and it was great. Started shortly after dark and I loved the way the Spanish Moss looked hanging over the streets and in the parks at night.
I agree with the person above about the Crab Shack. They did have a live alligator pond out front (small alligators and they were penned in). You can eat on the porch and the cats will try to talk you out of your food. Trees hang over the patio pretty low. It's an interesting place, but I wasn't too hot on the food or the prices. I have heard it is run by Paula Dean's son. If you like long lines, you can try out Paula Deans in Savannah. Not being partial to long lines, I never got there, but many of my friends went and they were glad they did.
If you like sweet tea, Carey Hilliards has awesome sweet tea. Everytime I go through there I buy a gallon or two to take home. There are free refills and when I ate there and got ready to leave, they'd give me a large cup of sweet tea to go as a free refill.
And of course there is the Juliet Lowe House.
I lived there for a year and it will always be my favorite city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or