Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2009, 09:51 AM

9 posts, read 28,136 times

Advertisements

Hey everybody! My name is Ally, and my huband and I, plus our two dogs...a 10 lb chihuahua/pug mix named Tini and 60 lb bulldog/boxer mix named Vito, are moving to Savannah, GA sometime next year. We're currently in Jax, FL.

My hubby got laid off last year, and is now in school for IT. I'm working full time in a boring but steady job, but am a beginning photographer part time (see my website at www.photoali.webs.com, haha). I'm also studying to become a tour guide in Savannhah.

We need to find rental houses to settle into when we first move there, to make SURE we love the area before we buy, lol. We'd prefer to get a house as opposed to a condo or apartment, b/c Vito LOVES to be outside, so we'd like a fenced in backyard like we have now, along with at least 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, and of course, it has to be in a good neighborhood. What area should we look in? Any suggestions from locals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 10:30 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,182,701 times
You will be able to find a house like you want, backyard and all, in many places in Savannah. However, since you have a steady job, you might be wise to do a lot of visiting before you decide that Savannah is the place. Drive around. Savannah spreads out over a lot of area.

Let's hope the job situation is better by next year. If it is no better than it is now, I'd hang onto that job even though it is boring.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:04 PM

oh, i'm not really "bored" with it, that was the wrong word, i guess, haha. it's just a typical desk job, lol. I really like it actually, we just want to make the move. He would find a job and we would have plenty of $$$ in savings before making the jump up to savannah. :-)

Old 07-16-2009, 01:55 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,182,701 times
check out this listing from our local newspaper:

Savannah Now | Classifieds

It will give you an idea of whats available.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:59 PM

Thanks!

Old 07-17-2009, 09:59 PM

5 posts, read 17,405 times
try [URL="http://www.bryanleasinghomes.com"]www.bryanleasinghomes.com[/URL] they have a lot of brand new houses for lease and very nicely built.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
View detailed profiles of: