Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 11:21 PM

10 posts, read 73,410 times

Advertisements

I'm a 27 year old single female who has lived in a small MI town my entire life. I'm trying for a job transfer to Savannah, Ga and planning a visit soon to look at apartments. I'm looking for an apartment for $700 or less, in a safer area, and thats about all I require. I've read lots and lots about safety issues being hit or miss. These are the few apartments I have found within my price range and within an hour drive to work. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Windsor Arms on Largo Drive
The Cobblestone Apts on George Blvd
The Georgian on Lisa St
Edgewater Trace on Abercorn Ext
Timberland Apts on Abercorn Ext
Spanish Villa
English Oaks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 11:55 PM

14 posts, read 43,785 times
We're relocating from New England, & have read, sounds about as much as yourself! Considering some of the apartments you've mentioned we might end up neighbors. LOL I have 3 children 8-14yrs. old. I am going down to "scout out the area(s)" very soon as well...few weeks! If you don't mind, sharing any/all info you come across, I'd GREATLY appreciate it! (I could do the same, if you'd like? ..no pressure.)

Old 03-24-2010, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelgirl56 View Post
We're relocating from New England, & have read, sounds about as much as yourself! Considering some of the apartments you've mentioned we might end up neighbors. LOL I have 3 children 8-14yrs. old. I am going down to "scout out the area(s)" very soon as well...few weeks! If you don't mind, sharing any/all info you come across, I'd GREATLY appreciate it! (I could do the same, if you'd like? ..no pressure.)
Thanks, and I definatey will keep you updated. I just joined this site and still haven't quite figured out how to use it so if theres anyway to email info, that'd be great. I won't be heading down to visit for a couple of months (I've never even been to GA), but I just found out an old friend and her mom might be heading down there in May, so I'm hoping to get information from them. Can't wait to get out of MI and think this is the place for me Just read a thread saying if you start at Abercorn St. (which two apts are on), and head towards I-95, you should be in a good area. Bull St. also.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:03 PM

97 posts, read 199,333 times
Hi, I am moving to savannah area also. I will be up there sunday.I dont know much about the city. I just hope everything works out well.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asena View Post
Hi, I am moving to savannah area also. I will be up there sunday.I dont know much about the city. I just hope everything works out well.
If you find out any information, please let me know. Found out today that Richmond Hill is a nice, safe place where most of the people from my future workplace live. Also if you like nightlife, River Street is the best from what I hear. Good luck

Old 03-25-2010, 06:19 AM

Cool GA...let me know?

I've been through GA, b4, but it's been sometime. But I do know it's goregous, & pretty safe, but there r parts that can be "bad"...just like ANYWHERE else n the country! Look @ NYC, it's got it's "good/bad spots!" Anyhow, since ur going this Sunday, will ya let me know what ya find out down there? I'm goin early-ish to mid April (bout 2 1/2wks.) Can't wait! I'm being optimistic, yet of course realistic! These New England winters r NOT for me! Never mind the dirty "beaches" (or so they're called up here)! I go to Virginia Beach usually every yr., & the beaches I've noticed, once u head south, get cleaner & nicer! Definetly looking 4ward 2 that! (I'd prefer the Caribbean Ocean 2 be my home/playgournd..but not realistic!) So southern beaches will have 2 do! But if ya don't me keeping me posted, I'd appreciate it!

Old 03-25-2010, 06:29 AM

Wink areas near savannah, ga

Yes basically Chatham County is a good/safe location. (Richmond Hills, Pooler, Garden City, just 2 name a few.) & yes naners6019, those streets r pretty good. I went & bought the latest edition of Frommer's Travel book on Georgia, (it also included the Carolinas, which wasn't necessary 4 me,) but had lots of info on places 2 go 4 fun,etc. u might want 2 pick 1 up urself & read a bit, especially since ur a single gal! But it also give u info on just regular stuff 2!

Also, I'm sure u've been searching sites ie: apartment.com, rentals.com, homeliving.com, etc.? You can find apts. that way, see pics, read reviews, prices, policies, etc.!

Old 03-25-2010, 06:56 AM

97 posts, read 199,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners6019 View Post
If you find out any information, please let me know. Found out today that Richmond Hill is a nice, safe place where most of the people from my future workplace live. Also if you like nightlife, River Street is the best from what I hear. Good luck
I will look around richmond hill area,looks like a nice location from what I can see on google map.I also wanna check out pooler and bloomingdale areas too.I will let you guys know whats going on.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:44 AM

Thumbs up That'd be VERY helpful!

Thanks SO much, those areas, I was planning on checking on myself. But one person "checks on", may differ from what some1 else's time-table may/may not allow them to check on. So with that in mind, Please, share the "scoop!" I'd greatly appreciate it!
Thanks, have a great day!

Old 04-09-2010, 12:20 PM

26 posts, read 79,512 times
I didn't read down through everyone's post so someone may have already suggested this, but I think craigslist is the quickest and cheapest search to find what you are looking for. My husband and I are looking into moving to Savannah as well, and it seems that the condos are the safest bet because most are outside of the city, and in a community of their own. And many condos come with the extras like a gym, pool, cable and internet may be included in the rent, and their service is quicker than home owners who rent their houses. You could get a one bedroom for $600 I'd say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area