Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 07:32 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,523,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 Foot 3 View Post
Hey PITTS

thanks man as it's good to see you back as you are one of my fave posters here
Hey 6 foot.......Thanx......I appreciate the kind words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 08:22 AM

129 posts, read 359,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
What is to be concerned over? The Chinese build things with technology that's either stolen or copied from other countries so will always be behind in the weapons race. (ok, ok so they invented gunpowder, that was how long ago?)

If your proposing that any country reinvents the wheel from scratch rather than use an existing technology and improve from that, then you are a fool. The fact of the matter is every country spies/steals from other countries to gain the edge. Where do you think modern day nuclear, aerospace, and submersible technology came from? I can tell you they weren't 100% developed on our side of the water!

ALWAYS behind the weapons race? or behind in recent times due to wars and revolutions? Civilizations rise and fall constantly, and history shows it time and time again.

Don't forget that your talking about the country that made an entire industrial revolution (100 years worth in America) in just two decades.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:53 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbullet View Post
The fact of the matter is every country spies/steals from other countries to gain the edge. Where do you think modern day nuclear, aerospace, and submersible technology came from? I can tell you they weren't 100% developed on our side of the water!
How can a country that can only rely on stealing and copying technology ever have an edge?

Yes I know up to this moment in time nothing has ever been developed 100% on the Chinese side of the water.

~ Well, lemme take that back, the Chinese have developed sexy uniforms for their troops:

Quote:
ALWAYS behind the weapons race? or behind in recent times due to wars and revolutions?
My friend, wars are what drive the development of new weapons (except in China's case).....

Quote:
Civilizations rise and fall constantly, and history shows it time and time again.
Is this something new you just learned? America eventually will disappear just like other civilizations and????

Quote:
Don't forget that your talking about the country that made an entire industrial revolution (100 years worth in America) in just two decades.
Stealing technology and putting hundreds of millions of people to work in sweatshops does not an industrial revolution make.

Sooo, back to the OP, what do you have to say about it?

China Building Aircraft Carrier Fleet To Rival USA

Last edited by plwhit; 01-30-2011 at 12:04 PM..

Old 01-31-2011, 11:56 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,523,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbullet View Post
If your proposing that any country reinvents the wheel from scratch rather than use an existing technology and improve from that, then you are a fool. The fact of the matter is every country spies/steals from other countries to gain the edge. Where do you think modern day nuclear, aerospace, and submersible technology came from? I can tell you they weren't 100% developed on our side of the water!

ALWAYS behind the weapons race? or behind in recent times due to wars and revolutions? Civilizations rise and fall constantly, and history shows it time and time again.

It seems some posters need a refresher course in the German V2 Rocket Program. Both the United States and the Soviet Union(after WWII) took finished rockets, reverse engineered the technology and subsequently applied said technology to both their Space Programs..

Old 02-01-2011, 01:22 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,015,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by japster28 View Post
They can build all the ships they want as long as they don't use it against us
Someone probably said that in 1938 about the Japanese.......

Old 02-06-2011, 08:24 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
TY for the compliment..... At least I tried to stay with the OP... My first reply still stands...

I'm sorry if I came across as trying the patience of an elitist know-it-all...

What was your point? You drivel on so much it's hard to remember.... oh yeah, that carriers can project massive amounts of force anywhere in the world. ~duh~ That's why we have 10 battle groups. (backed up by our HK subs)

~sniffle~ bye
well good luck to china to build a navy force the size of US 10 battle groups in 9 years and we have been using Since the Nimitz-class carriers 1970s so we have 40 years of tests and deployments and well trained people running them so even if the could turn out a bunch it would take along time before they become operational also Ford class Carriers already be operational with 3 on the way.

In an April 6, 2009, speech, Secretary of Defense Robert Gates announced that the Navy Aircraft Carrier program would shift to a five year building program so as to place it on a "more fiscally sustainable path." Such a measure would result in ten carriers by 2040.

no way china will even come close to building a carrier that can even come close to ours plus their new fighter just came out and by the time the produce enough and shake them down and train the pilots it will be 2025-2030

plus where would china deploy them not like the will be coming towards north america with a carrier battle group or patrol NATO allied countries in the north atlantic

because they will run into Nato and EU forces
and well learn about about Western miliktary Might

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFzOSNB_ynY

Last edited by GTOlover; 02-06-2011 at 08:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology