Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 01:54 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
just a matter of time.

As they get better with nanotech and genetic engineering, anything is possible.

We could make vampires, werewolves, bi-sexual girlfriends that like to share, centaurs, fairies, all types of fantasy creatures.

just a matter of time...
With science advancing by leaps and bounds..I guess we can say never say never.

May be time to stock up on Beer and Twinkies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 05:37 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,610,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
just a matter of time.

As they get better with nanotech and genetic engineering, anything is possible.

We could make vampires, werewolves, bi-sexual girlfriends that like to share, centaurs, fairies, all types of fantasy creatures.

just a matter of time...
How awsome to one day in the future to be able to bring back larry, moe and curly

Old 12-16-2011, 11:58 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,323,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Not sure why a mad scientist would need to bother developing a zombie virus when a heavy case of the flu or any serious viral or bacterial infection can make a person feel a bit like a zombie. You can't think clearly, it makes you feel lousy, your balance can be off and cause you to shuffle or stumble around when you try to walk. No appetite for brains though. In fact, appetite can drop. In addition, a virus and some bacteria can easily be spread infecting other people.
As you wish...

msnbc.com Video Player

This has always been my fear...I've spoken about it for years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
It's called the T-Virus, duh.

The Umbrella Corporation already invented it...
If you can think it, it can occur....

msnbc.com Video Player

Meddling scientists...will be our down fall...or at least those who meddle in cirtain bio cocktails...as above link will explain...

If this ever gets out...and I'm certain it will...than it very well could be like the movie 'Resident Evil'....

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs6/i/2005/029/c/f/Resident_Evil_gif_by_CKYSteveh.gif (broken link)

Old 12-17-2011, 10:58 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
As you wish...

msnbc.com Video Player

This has always been my fear...I've spoken about it for years...

It's one thing to talk about creating a deadly pandemic flu virus. That's a bit different than turning people into zombies (the walking dead), such as in the Resident Evil series.

Old 12-17-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
It's one thing to talk about creating a deadly pandemic flu virus. That's a bit different than turning people into zombies (the walking dead), such as in the Resident Evil series.
But you yourself just explained how it could happen....

As you explained...strains are always mutating...and or if combined with rabies or some other type virus...you just never know...

Rabies + Flu = ?

The combinations are endless...such as peoples motivations for
wanting to unleash such terror...

I speak so elequantly at times...like a movie character or something...

Old 12-17-2011, 12:23 PM

3,109 posts, read 9,836,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
It has been around for a while, goes by the common name of 'television', wasteland of the mind.
Also called motion picture industry with an emphasis on zombie movies.

Another name for Zombies is Occupy Wall Streeter:

Now don't they look a little like zombies walking around?

Last edited by gy2020; 12-17-2011 at 12:39 PM..

Old 12-17-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
But you yourself just explained how it could happen....

As you explained...strains are always mutating...and or if combined with rabies or some other type virus...you just never know...

Rabies + Flu = ?

The combinations are endless...such as peoples motivations for
wanting to unleash such terror...

I speak so elequantly at times...like a movie character or something...
I already gave an explanation earlier regarding flu virus. It's usually passed from person to person, directly or indirectly. Even the H1N1 virus for the most part was passed from person to person, although incidents certainly did occur from exposure to contanimated birds. Rabies can be transmitted from the bite of an infected animal.

It's still not the same thing as a zombie. Are you saying that it's possible a person can be stone cold dead, then somehow rise from the dead days, weeks or years later to stumble around hungrily looking to gnaw on someone's brains, flesh, and internal organs?

I'm not saying it can't be imagined. I'd say there are plenty of other deadly diseases to contend with. I do agree about the lab flu virus though. It could be pretty nasty if a mishap ever occured.

Old 12-17-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
I already gave an explanation earlier regarding flu virus. It's usually passed from person to person, directly or indirectly. Even the H1N1 virus for the most part was passed from person to person, although incidents certainly did occur from exposure to contanimated birds. Rabies can be transmitted from the bite of an infected animal.

It's still not the same thing as a zombie. Are you saying that it's possible a person can be stone cold dead, then somehow rise from the dead days, weeks or years later to stumble around hungrily looking to gnaw on someone's brains, flesh, and internal organs?

I'm not saying it can't be imagined. I'd say there are plenty of other deadly diseases to contend with. I do agree about the lab flu virus though. It could be pretty nasty if a mishap ever occured.
No, I'm refering more to the 'infected' class of zombie...

The '28 days later' type of zombie or Will Smiths 'I am legend' type of infected...

In the movie 'Iam legend' remember the movie starts off with woman scientist claiming they had cured cancer?

Then the scene jumps 3 years into the future....and the landscape is desolate...

Did you read the link I posted above?

If not...please read it...

Cause this conversation will make more sense if you do...
About that new super strain of the flu...the deadliest ever known...

I posted the link for a reason....

Here, I'll repost it for you...
msnbc.com Video Player

What if this thing gets out???

Old 12-17-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
No, I'm refering more to the 'infected' class of zombie...

The '28 days later' type of zombie or Will Smiths 'I am legend' type of infected...

In the movie 'Iam legend' remember the movie starts off with woman scientist claiming they had cured cancer?

Then the scene jumps 3 years into the future....and the landscape is desolate...

Did you read the link I posted above?

If not...please read it...

Cause this conversation will make more sense if you do...
About that new super strain of the flu...the deadliest ever known...

I posted the link for a reason....

Here, I'll repost it for you...
msnbc.com Video Player

What if this thing gets out???
Read the link? Yes, watched the vid, if that's what you mean. It's a deadly flu virus that was purposely created. I agree, it's pretty stupid. Deadly? Absolutely! Not sure what the reason was. Pretty reckless, imo. I'd say their actions should be taken to court. In any case, nothing in the vid said anything about it causing people to become zombies. Might feel like a zombie just before dying though. That is the subject of this thread, isn't it?

No, I haven''t seen "28 days Later" or "I Am Legend",so I'm at a disadvantage there. Still, I'm not sure I'd stake my life in paranoia because of a Hollywood movie though. They're fictional, aren't they?

Old 12-17-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Read the link? Yes, watched the vid, if that's what you mean. It's a deadly flu virus that was purposely created. I agree, it's pretty stupid. Deadly? Absolutely! Not sure what the reason was. Pretty reckless, imo. I'd say their actions should be taken to court. In any case, nothing in the vid said anything about it causing people to become zombies. Might feel like a zombie just before dying though. That is the subject of this thread, isn't it?

No, I haven''t seen "28 days Later" or "I Am Legend",so I'm at a disadvantage there. Still, I'm not sure I'd stake my life in paranoia because of a Hollywood movie though. They're fictional, aren't they?
Oh my gosh...what am i going to do with you??

You mean you havn't seen '28 days later'?
And heard about the 'Rage' virus??....

Ok, let me find a clip for you...

28 Days Later - Opening Scene - YouTube

This is why it's not good for animal rights groups to just go in and release animals in bio labs, cause they have no idea what those animals have been injected with...

This scenerio could very well happen....
warning...opening scenes kind of graphic....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology