Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2011, 03:37 PM

593 posts, read 1,315,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Not spraying, it is vaporizing, quite a difference.
A lot of chemicals, do not evaporate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 04:26 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,500,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infiri View Post
A lot of chemicals, do not evaporate.
A small detail! These are insanely intelligent scientists we are talking about...they can do anything!

Old 06-04-2011, 06:06 PM

22,654 posts, read 24,579,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbill View Post
Call it what you want, a cop would put a pretty quick stop to it. That was the point (which you conveniently ignored once again).

Uh, vapor.....if it is released in a inconspicuous manner will not attract any attention. The fact is there is so much stuff going on in major cities, much activity is ignored......be it legal or illegal.

Old 06-04-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
...and maybe they would say they aren't working on it and have no intention to do so. It could go either way. That is why this is a poor argument.
No, this is why you consider it a poor argument.

Let's see an open minded approach to the threats that face this country.....that is the approach the true pros take.

I stand by my OP, the Capabilities of Advanced Chemical Warfare could produce very violent and dumb people.........yes, something resembling a REAL ZOMBIE.

Old 06-05-2011, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Uh, vapor.....if it is released in a inconspicuous manner will not attract any attention. The fact is there is so much stuff going on in major cities, much activity is ignored......be it legal or illegal.
Fine, lets assume you can disperse it inconspicuously. You still have the problem of such chemicals not having the ability to be vaporized.

But I guess you can go back to your old standby argument, right?

Old 06-05-2011, 06:12 AM

Quote:
No, this is why you consider it a poor argument.
Its a poor argument because you have already assumed that these experts would agree with your argument, and would disagree with my argument. The reality is that neither of us know what they would say and there is aa equal probability that they could go agree with either one of us and not the other. Therefore this is not evidence that you are right and I am wrong. Thus, poor argument.

Quote:
Let's see an open minded approach to the threats that face this country.....that is the approach the true pros take.?
Again, what evidence do you have that this "is the approach the true pros take."

Quote:
I stand by my OP, the Capabilities of Advanced Chemical Warfare could produce very violent and dumb people.........yes, something resembling a REAL ZOMBIE.
You are welcome to stand by it, but you stand by it because it is something you believe to be true, instead of having evidence for it.

Old 06-05-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Fine, lets assume you can disperse it inconspicuously. You still have the problem of such chemicals not having the ability to be vaporized.

But I guess you can go back to your old standby argument, right?

I guess that you know the exact chemical composition of the weapon??? You are making a lot of assumptions about things that you are not an expert in.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:51 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,632,121 times
Quote:
It might be a bit awkward getting stuck behind traffic at a stoplight in most of the major cities and have the fumes drift inside the truck turning the driver into a zombie. He may or may not go into a rage. He could just as easily forget how to drive, get out, stagger around in traffic and get smeared by a taxi.

I have to disagee that a vapor could not be seen. It depends on how it is dispersed. If a pipe or vent disperses it from the top or out the back, it could give an impression that the truck might be on fire. That could get the attention of people, if not any drivers behind the truck. Vapor could indeed be seen if it's intended to be dispersed over a wide enough area to cover the width of a street, not to mention sidewalks. If the vapor is so inconspicuous that it can't be seen, then it might not be able to spread far enough to contaminate large numbers of people, turning them into zombies. In addition, updrafts in cities could cause the zombie-inducing agent to simply rise with the air currents, thin out, and be rendered ineffective.

But let's say it manages to contaminate at least a few people and turn them into mindless loons. And let's say that it causes the zombies go into a rage and cause harm to other people. Law enforcement officers already deal with wackos quite frequently as it is. A phaser zap, rubber bullet, beanbag shot, or even a baton to the skull, will most likely render the zombie into an inactive condition long enough to slap the cuffs on him or her and toss them into the clink. If the zombie is spotted while committing harm to some innocent bystander, real bullets might be used to bring the problem to an abrupt end. In any case, it wouldn't exactly be much of the widespread apocalyptic scenario that you envision.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:42 PM

221 posts, read 656,276 times
Everything "could" happen its just the chances of it happening is relative.

You could begin shooting lasers out of your eyes destroying your computer. You can refute that it "could" happen. But i think we can both agree on the fact that this happening is not very likely. Same goes for zombies.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:43 PM

221 posts, read 656,276 times
And what your describing are just living people behaving like zombies.

Now isnt the definition of a zombie a living dead? Now show me the evidence for that and ill clap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology