U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Status: "Hillary_PAC_2024" (set 8 days ago)
 
Location: Brawndo-Thirst-Mutilator-Nation
20,011 posts, read 20,819,958 times
Reputation: 17193

Advertisements

No, I am NOT trolling nor do I mean this as a joke.

Let's just think about this from a logical point of view........could this happen, and if so, HOW?????

#1. If you have read anything about early lobotomies and other psychosurgeries, you know that many of these procedures had profound effects on how a persons Central Nervous System functioned. When the early Eye Socket Lobotomy was performed, many times it would cause lots of damage to the Prefrontal Cortex, this sometimes caused loss of advanced thought processes.....basically leaving this person with the functions of a very dull, drooling child.

#2. May times persons who suffer from Traumatic Brain Injury, Parkinsons Pugilistica, Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy or one of the many other trauma induced brain injuries HAVE A VERY EXAGGERATED AND INAPPROPRIATE LEVEL OF VIOLENCE.

We also know that many CHEMICALS can damage the sections of the brain in much the same way as the physical trauma listed above.

Seeing the above facts, I could envision a scenario where Chemical Engineers and Neuroscientists could develop a CHEMICAL AGENT that could be widely dispersed (on a MASSIVE SCALE) that would cause damage to a populations Central Nervous System leaving them both HYPER-VIOLENT AND FUNCTIONING AT A VERY LOW LEVEL OF INTELLIGENCE...BASICALLY A ZOMBIE.

I am both shocked at frightened that the CDC made light of a very real threat that could result from Advanced Chemical Warfare.

CDC EPR | Social Media | Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse - Blog (http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp - broken link)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-20-2011, 11:19 PM
 
Location: Tuscaloosa,AL
138 posts, read 236,062 times
Reputation: 154
What would stop these zombies from just killing each other?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2011, 12:48 AM
Status: "Hillary_PAC_2024" (set 8 days ago)
 
Location: Brawndo-Thirst-Mutilator-Nation
20,011 posts, read 20,819,958 times
Reputation: 17193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyj42 View Post
What would stop these zombies from just killing each other?

Well, if you had a massive chemical attack that effected a huge percentage of the population, I could just see horrific turmoil. If somebody is very violent and has lost most of their sense of humanity and higher level thinking/functions, it would be a true nightmare.......and I mean this in a realistic sense, not sci-fi........but real.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2011, 01:48 AM
 
713 posts, read 3,332,481 times
Reputation: 548
Give everyone a modified version of rabies to turn them into zombies > : )
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2011, 01:58 AM
 
1,738 posts, read 807,535 times
Reputation: 1381
Uh-huh-huh... you're funny Dude (must be read aloud in voice of either Bill or Ted from "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure", circa 1989...)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2011, 01:59 AM
 
3,573 posts, read 6,142,359 times
Reputation: 3456
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
No, I am NOT trolling nor do I mean this as a joke.

Let's just think about this from a logical point of view........could this happen, and if so, HOW?????

#1. If you have read anything about early lobotomies and other psychosurgeries, you know that many of these procedures had profound effects on how a persons Central Nervous System functioned. When the early Eye Socket Lobotomy was performed, many times it would cause lots of damage to the Prefrontal Cortex, this sometimes caused loss of advanced thought processes.....basically leaving this person with the functions of a very dull, drooling child.

#2. May times persons who suffer from Traumatic Brain Injury, Parkinsons Pugilistica, Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy or one of the many other trauma induced brain injuries HAVE A VERY EXAGGERATED AND INAPPROPRIATE LEVEL OF VIOLENCE.

We also know that many CHEMICALS can damage the sections of the brain in much the same way as the physical trauma listed above.

Seeing the above facts, I could envision a scenario where Chemical Engineers and Neuroscientists could develop a CHEMICAL AGENT that could be widely dispersed (on a MASSIVE SCALE) that would cause damage to a populations Central Nervous System leaving them both HYPER-VIOLENT AND FUNCTIONING AT A VERY LOW LEVEL OF INTELLIGENCE...BASICALLY A ZOMBIE.

I am both shocked at frightened that the CDC made light of a very real threat that could result from Advanced Chemical Warfare.

CDC EPR | Social Media | Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse - Blog (http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp - broken link)
What are you smoking? Really. Calm down. I did see something like that but as usual the media is trying to stir people like yourself with no thinking or reasoning skills into a tizzy.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2011, 09:16 AM
 
Location: Victoria TX
42,661 posts, read 81,151,344 times
Reputation: 36420
All of what you described could, of course, inadvertently be set loose by the food processing industry, without involving any nefarious activities by mad scientists.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2011, 12:38 PM
 
21,148 posts, read 63,105,935 times
Reputation: 41029
Dude, I've cared for pts. that had lobotomies. I've also cared for the violently insane. You have much less to worry about from them than you do sociopaths. If you want to read up on sociopaths and then compare them to people interested in politics, you might really poop your pants.

FWIW, the violently insane (I use the legal word here) are more often violent towards themselves than others.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2011, 01:55 PM
 
15,921 posts, read 18,967,887 times
Reputation: 7669
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
All of what you described could, of course, inadvertently be set loose by the food processing industry, without involving any nefarious activities by mad scientists.

I don't understand why you always bring reality into these fantasy threads...

+1 for you
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2011, 05:12 PM
Status: "Hillary_PAC_2024" (set 8 days ago)
 
Location: Brawndo-Thirst-Mutilator-Nation
20,011 posts, read 20,819,958 times
Reputation: 17193
Quote:
Originally Posted by js1mom View Post
Uh-huh-huh... you're funny Dude (must be read aloud in voice of either Bill or Ted from "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure", circa 1989...)
Really......was not meant to be funny.

You do know that many countries such as China and India (many others) have been developing Advanced Chemical Warfare Weapons for a LONG time???? And many of the weapons they develop could function in the manner I mentioned in my OP, not meant to just kill always....rather to cause havoc.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top