U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2011, 08:37 PM

5,070 posts, read 9,365,397 times

Advertisements

On another board, where someone was asking for advice on buying a camera, another guy suggested the Eneloop battery. I wrote back saying there were a number of other batteries that seemed to be equivalent to the Eneloop, and he replied that he thought the Eneloop was best.

Eneloop site.

Any other people with experience with this kind of battery or its technology?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 01:10 PM

8,955 posts, read 18,800,167 times
I switched to Eneloop batteries for all my wireless house phones as well as many other devices that we all have in our home with no complaint at all.

I like'm!!

Old 06-02-2011, 05:40 PM

Did you have to order the batteries or was there a retail store selling them? I tried the little program that supposedly helps find a store, but with no success.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:48 PM

19,791 posts, read 59,833,170 times
NiMH has been around for a while. I use them in my old Canon digital camera - EverReady brand, I think. In ten years I've gone through two sets of 4. That is a lot better than about 400 or more alkalines. Use a marker to date label them and try to only use them as a set, so that aging is consistent.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:58 PM

So, I guess the only difference is that the new fangled ones can be recharged more often?

Old 06-03-2011, 12:03 AM

19,791 posts, read 59,833,170 times
Honestly, unless the materials have somehow become super-pure, the old ones are not likely very different than the new ones. I just bought a few Harbor Freight ones that I don't expect to last very long in comparison, since they may be seconds, but the major battery companies are so competitive and have their processes down so pat that they are indistinguishable in use. I seem to remember someone who was on another forum saying he worked for one company (copper top?) and describing how in comparative testing they had done the differences were minimal.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
So, I guess the only difference is that the new fangled ones can be recharged more often?
Batteries can't recharged more often than when it home phone use. Mine have been in my phones now for well over a year with no end in sight.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:38 PM

26,534 posts, read 45,387,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
another guy suggested the Eneloop battery. I wrote back saying there were a number of other batteries that seemed to be equivalent to the Eneloop, and he replied that he thought the Eneloop was best.

Eneloop site.

Any other people with experience with this kind of battery or its technology?
I have been getting better performance on three of my cameras using "Rayovac, rechargable, Platinum" AA batteries, 2100 mAh, NiMH over using "Energizer, NiMH 2450 mAh.

Looking a the specs most people would guess the "Energizer" would be better, but in my case, that has shown to not be true. The Rayovac hold their charge longer, and give me more shots before becoming depleted.

Eneloop are said to also be good by people I know who have used them, I just have not seen them for sale locally.

Rich

Old 06-03-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Eneloop are said to also be good by people I know who have used them, I just have not seen them for sale locally.

Rich
True. I bought mine from Amazon as I do many items since I live in a small rural community. Love the internet!

Old 06-03-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
I have been getting better performance on three of my cameras using "Rayovac, rechargable, Platinum" AA batteries, 2100 mAh, NiMH over using "Energizer, NiMH 2450 mAh.

Looking a the specs most people would guess the "Energizer" would be better, but in my case, that has shown to not be true. The Rayovac hold their charge longer, and give me more shots before becoming depleted.

Rich
I'd be curious to see a head to head measurement between Rayovac and Eneloop to see which one last longer before charging.

It could be that, depending on what you are using batteries for, it could make a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology