Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 02:11 PM

244 posts, read 299,027 times

Advertisements

Self-esteem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 02:28 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,629,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beilua Rose View Post
I'm in my 20's but I'd be better off in the 80's then now.

The most high-tech thing that I've ever received and have actually known how to work was an Ipod that I received in 2005.

I don't know what LCD,HDTV and all these other acronym sounding words are. I don't know how to set up netflix with my computer or set it up to my T.V. I don't know how to look up facebook with my phone and then somehow connect that to my computer. Heck, I don't even have a facebook.

I don't have anything.

I have a computer, a T.V-which doesn't even have cable because I don't know how to set up standard, no-pay cable "digitally", and a cellphone that doesn't have any aps except texting.

What do I need to do in order to not feel as though I'm literally watching my life wither away in to dust?
ehow.com can show u how to get regular tv channels free. Texting is all u need, all other features are just crap aps that cost u extra. It's all about money, not improving quality of life im my opinion.

All the new technology doesn't make life any better so don't worry. HDTV means simply that u can buy those "blue-ray" dvds and watch stuff in "high quality" but you need a HD dvd player and HD television which costs more so its just stupid marketing geared towards Sports freaks and people who need to watch LOTR in hi-def but I can't even tell a difference in quality, and even then the TV should be over 40'' otherwise u can't even notice any difference in "quality".... It's all about money.

If a company wants to make money, they have to put some "new better etc" features in it, but often times it only creates a headache, like having 3 remote controls for one t.v. just so u can have 'surround sound' and not knowing which one to use for what. WHo wants all that junk in their living room? I got my first blackberry a couple months ago and its not worth a damn, I dropped it once and the ball fell out so now I can kiss all those "exrtra" features goodbye because they no longer work.

Do yourself a favor and don't let technology make u feel small. It's all about $$$ and its becoming so advance that people can't even diagnos the load of problems that comes with it.

Want to kill 10 hours? Try removing a virus from your computer without dishing out more $$$ for the latest anti-spyware. It's all designed to empty your wallet, but your life will still suck. If ur life sucks, don't look towards technology to improve anything... The best inventions are already here, which is texting, e-mail, automobiles, etc..... Who needs an I-phone, apple touch, or android..... u can do the same tasks with 1999 technology................

Old 06-26-2011, 05:20 PM

426 posts, read 1,282,601 times
Beila Rose, I kind of know where you ars going. My computer is from 2003. I still run XP. I do not have a modern cell phone with a camera,or texting. I don't have a digital camrea or Ipad or any of that stuff, so I do feel like I am in the 90s.I don't have a blu-ray, or a wi.I still have a VCR and a laserdisc, cds, and cassettes.
Most people that I know don't have the money for those gadgets, but they have them anyway.
I don't know what I am going to do when they come out with all these new electric cars and stuff.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:30 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,629,141 times
If she's consulting this forum online, I think she's technology savy enough. Using technology in the right places, like city-data.com instead of onlinegamer.com . I'm looking into the reverse mode which is learning how to survive how my grandparents did. Technology isn't going anywhere so it's no rush. U know corporations purposely manufacturing things to break down? Like printers, because if they didn't they couldn't sell the next newer model. In the old early industrial revolution days goods were built to last.

When cellphones become indestructable and internet becomes free, then call me up about the next product, right now I don't have the money or patience. My father is always talking about new electronics and his "toys", he's in his 50s and knows more about the newest thing than I do, but I know more about the best thing than he does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology