U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 10:03 AM

262 posts, read 628,154 times

Advertisements

I'm in my 20's but I'd be better off in the 80's then now.

The most high-tech thing that I've ever received and have actually known how to work was an Ipod that I received in 2005.

I don't know what LCD,HDTV and all these other acronym sounding words are. I don't know how to set up netflix with my computer or set it up to my T.V. I don't know how to look up facebook with my phone and then somehow connect that to my computer. Heck, I don't even have a facebook.

I don't have anything.

I have a computer, a T.V-which doesn't even have cable because I don't know how to set up standard, no-pay cable "digitally", and a cellphone that doesn't have any aps except texting.

What do I need to do in order to not feel as though I'm literally watching my life wither away in to dust?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 10:04 AM

44,253 posts, read 61,274,264 times
Lol...I wouldn't worry about it.
Did you notice that almost everything you say you can't do is a total waste of time?

Besides, I am sure any of your friends can show you how to do all this stuff.

I find the best way to learn and understand technology is just to pick it up and start using it - trial and error.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Lol...I wouldn't worry about it.
Did you notice that almost everything you say you can't do is a total waste of time?

I find the best way to learn and understand technology is just to pick it up and start using it - trial and error.

How about we don't go into that.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:15 AM

26,342 posts, read 90,465,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beilua Rose View Post
How about we don't go into that.
How about if we do?

Most normal, secure, mentally healthy people would consider that (having friends help you with personal technology) a good suggestion.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
How about if we do?

Most normal, secure, mentally healthy people would consider that (having friends help you with personal technology) a good suggestion.

What if I don't have friends?

Old 06-24-2011, 10:25 AM

2,182 posts, read 5,213,560 times
What do you do with your time that you are that far behind in today's tech and all of it's lingo? Even my great grandmother of 94 knows what an HDTV is.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
What if I don't have friends?
If you don't want friends, then you're happy.

If you want friends and you don't have any, think of reasons why you don't have any.

But, in a way I am with you. Personal technology changes so fast it is hard to be on top of things like smart phones and mobile broadband and tablets. Often it is hard to learn a new technology because due to contract commitments with ISPs and cell phone companies, you wouldn't explore changing your service. It's also very expensive to keep up with personal technology.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyn View Post
What do you do that you are that far behind in today's tech and all of it's lingo? Even my great grandmother of 94 knows what an HDTV is.
Wow. You are making me feel really bad.

I don't know what I do! I don't have any friends. I haven't had a solid group of friends since 5th grade! Obviously, times have changed a lot since then. Haven't they!

Old 06-24-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Wow. You are making me feel really bad.

I don't know what I do! I don't have any friends. I haven't had a solid group of friends since 5th grade! Obviously, times have changed a lot since then. Haven't they!

Depends what you mean by friends. If you mean someone you hang out with on a regular basis, do things with like bike riding, movies, hobbies, then I don't have any friends either - no time. But if friend means someone you joke around with at work or someone who might help you lift a heavy table into your house or help you figure out your smart phone, then it's almost impossible not to have friends.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Depends what you mean by friends. If you mean someone you hang out with on a regular basis, do things with like bike riding, movies, hobbies, then I don't have any friends either - no time. But if friend means someone you joke around with at work or someone who might help you lift a heavy table into your house or help you figure out your smart phone, then it's almost impossible not to have friends.
Well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology