Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 02:51 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,220,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post

orogenicman...I'm still whreeling over post 79, when you actually sounded like a scientist...and used scientific jargon...I love that kind of talk...

When the spell of being impressed wears off...the tackling may resume...
But I'll be much harder to catch...
Oh, I seriously doubt that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 06:20 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,772,730 times
Quote:
Mua....do you want some of me...careful what you wish for...

I'm still whreeling from orogenicman mans response...as such I've tooken kind of a 'goodwill' time out...

It has less to do with the semantics of his response, and more to do with the 'shock value' of him responding like a scientist...

Like the Professior, on Gilligans Island..

hearing someone speak in technical terms...well...it just...never mind...

In other words, I'm trying to be nice and kind...don't ruin it...
We now interrupt this thread for a stop at the grade school playground.

Thank you for that. I've needed a good belly laugh for some time now and that idiotic statement filled the bill.

Old 12-25-2011, 05:04 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,333,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
We now interrupt this thread for a stop at the grade school playground.

Thank you for that. I've needed a good belly laugh for some time now and that idiotic statement filled the bill.

Oh stop being so mean...anyways, all that aside...

I was going to devoulge something that would have turned the scientific community, or I should say the research theoretical scientific community over on it's head...

I witheld though...for several reasons..

1. ogonecman was actually nice to me for a change...

2. I don't enjoy upsetting people...believe it or not I'd rather be hugged than have bricks dumped on my head...

3. I don't want people like this 'Walter Brown' guy you all keep mentioning, to take my premise, and cash in on it...

In other words I don't want to hear my premise come up on some darn tv show or lecture, or even sermon, and hear someone totally repeat what I shared...and not give me credit for it...

So I guard it carefully until the time is right...

I just can't believe, or it's hard for me to, that out of billions of people who have walked the earth, no one has ever figured this out...or at least seen it from this angle...

And I will test this angle, how?
I will find, if that's even possible, after you all have been jumping on me, but I will try to find a 'neutral' scientist...one who could care the less either way,(actually how all scientist should be) one with no stake in the game, one whos books or publications won't be tarnished ect ect should this premise be true...

But I do take it seriously enough that I think I'll consult the idea out with a nuetral scientist first...

If I were to share it with you all on here, even if it were 'true'...you would never tell me so...instead you would just pile more bricks on me head...

I may be hard headed, but my head isn't so hard that I can't get sad or dishartened by some of the comments you all make...

This one premise I had, would have derailed everything, all former theoretical claims...and then you all really would of lit me up...

And I'm just not ready for that...nor would I enjoy upsetting people...

Nor would I want others stealing this premise, and using it to promote their religion or ideology...

To me, information should always be presented nuetrally...what is is, regardless of whether one is a athiest or budhist or Christian or Nascar fan...

What really matters to me, is that you all fought for what you believed in...vigoriously...I'm glad to see the passions there...

There's nothing worse than an instructor, teacher, Professior, who has no passion behind their belief...(but learn to back it up with facts and equations, or learn to disprove someone else theory through fact or equations, and not insults, then your ideas might get out better)

Not that everyone on here is in academia...I'm just using that as an example...

For some odd reason, that will never be explained...certainly not through science, but orogenicman just totally changed his tone in post 79, if I remember correctly...and it just did something to me...

It made them human to me...from that point on, they were no longer some anonymous person who scribbles on the form...it just did something to me...

I saw that they really cared for what they did, had passion for it...and who was I to disrupt that....

So i just stopped...

If you like someone, why would you want to upset them just to upset them?...

I realize now being 'right' isn't always the most important thing in life...

Anyways...that's all...just wanted to get that out...

Last edited by Time and Space; 12-25-2011 at 05:16 PM..

Old 12-25-2011, 05:27 PM

Default It saddens me that...

It seems most scientist are locked into two hard positions...

Either ardant aithiest, who seem to be motivated by always disproving there's a God or intelligent creator...

Or ardant religious scientist, who are out to prove and conclude through science, that the bible time period is correct...

Well is it possible to not be apart of any of those groups?

Can one not just be an independent researcher, simply looking for the how, when, why, what , where? without linking it to any belief other than the wonder of discovery....

I think these to locked in mindsets have tainted scientific research...

it's the Rep vs Dem of the scientific world...as a result nothing new is discovered, everything becomes stagnant...and old ideas, theories are simply pushed in support of either ideology...

There are however, some of us out here who just enjoy learning stuff for the simple pleasure of...

If I believe in God, and or a savior, i certaintly don't need science to support that, and If I don't believe in God, or a savior, again...why would clinging to science rienforce that?

As a result, it's hard to have a nuetral discusion cause either side things your trying to propagate the other...when your not...

And then learning stops as a result...and we're simply reprooving what others have laid claim to in the past...

Well my question is, what have you discovered?

Is that such a scary thought?

Fill your own water pale, instead of carrying someone elses...

And no bricks please...I'm simply trying to inspire innovation...

Old 12-25-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Oh stop being so mean...anyways, all that aside...
Stop being so mean? I believe you're the one who threatened me when you said, and I quote: "Mua....do you want some of me...careful what you wish for..."

Perhaps you should learn to apologize for your words instead of trying to lay the problem at someone else's feet.

And while I'm at it you and one other poster should be ashamed for hijacking this thread for your own purposes instead of letting the OP have an intelligent discussion about the subject at hand.

It doesn't say much about your open, and supposedly scientific, mind that you did such a thing.

Clean you own house before you accuse others of having a dirty floor.

Old 12-25-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Stop being so mean? I believe you're the one who threatened me when you said, and I quote: "Mua....do you want some of me...careful what you wish for..."

Perhaps you should learn to apologize for your words instead of trying to lay the problem at someone else's feet.

And while I'm at it you and one other poster should be ashamed for hijacking this thread for your own purposes instead of letting the OP have an intelligent discussion about the subject at hand.

It doesn't say much about your open, and supposedly scientific, mind that you did such a thing.

Clean you own house before you accuse others of having a dirty floor.
You know...I tried being nice, and am going to remain nice...

If you want to go down the 'hostility' route, by all means go there...

I never realized how 'political' science was, until now...it really brings out the anger in people...how sad...

But right now...I'm going to watch one of my favorite scientist...

Dr Rick Marshall...he was on the Today show...or Matt Luar show...
He too had a theory that others scoffed at...

Land of The Lost - Will Ferrell eats chaka - YouTube

See, here, I found it...he was on the Matt Luar Today show...
And like you all, Matt Luar lost his 'cool'...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XvVz...eature=related

Last edited by Time and Space; 12-25-2011 at 06:55 PM..

Old 12-26-2011, 07:45 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,145,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
How is it dated to 160 million years?
Does this help any?

Old 12-27-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
Does this help any?
Forgot the link...

Old 12-28-2011, 06:40 AM

Good link. I have remembered that there is an ignore feature on CD and I'm using it for obvious reasons. Not for you, of course.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:55 AM

Tek, they don't seem to make it very obvious, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology