U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 03:40 AM

9,293 posts, read 11,405,624 times

Advertisements

So there is a proliferation of videos on youtube of people taping completely natural weather and cloud phenomena claiming them to be the result of HAARP, aliens, illuminati, etc. I click on one, then another, then another, and see nothing unnatural at all. Everything from cirrus with virga being called 'rapture clouds' to altocumulus mountain waves being caused by HAARP to mammatus clouds being signs of alien invasion to crepuscular rays being proof of HAARP again. Even 'sun dogs' and other prismatic occurrences are being blamed on things other than natural causes.

These people display complete ignorance of basic weather and atmospheric science, as well as physics and chemistry. One can (and I have) linked to documents explaining what they are filming, only to be voted as spam or downvoted to the point my comment goes away. They are putting their fingers in their ears and screaming "lalalala!" I'm not a meteorologist but took many meteorology courses in college; basic meteorology, atmospheric dynamics, upper atmosphere meteorology, and aviation meteorology courses. I later applied this stuff while an airline pilot. So no, I'm not an atmospheric scientist but am intimately familiar with this subject.

Yet these clowns come along and make fantastical claims they cannot back up, they cannot prove, all the while showing at the most a 'wikipedia' level of understanding (if that) of what they talk about. It makes me want to pull my hair out. How on earth can people be so ignorant of science, to the point they wholly reject it? Why are so many so anti-science and logic but so pro conspiracy theory and 'magic'? How are these people graduating high school and functioning in society? We need to ramp up our science requirements for graduating high school. Argh! /rant off
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 08:17 AM

15,919 posts, read 19,470,411 times
The world is full of gullible people, take advantage of them

Sprinkler Rainbow Conspiracy - YouTube

Old 12-24-2011, 09:59 AM

22,023 posts, read 22,137,267 times
Isn't it amazing? I look at these folks as providing free entertainment - and great entertainment, at that.

You will NEVER be able to get them to see the reality of what they're seeing. Don't even try. As you've seen, they are fully invested in their beliefs, and all you'll do is frustrate yourself. Instead, have fun with them. It's not hard to get them to contradict themselves - use that to your advantage. Back them into a logic corner and then watch their heads explode.

We're overdue for a chemtrail thread in the politics forum here, especially considering that the weather's turned colder and we're seeing more persistent contrails. Keep an eye out in that forum and join in the fun when another thread does pop up.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:56 AM

28,790 posts, read 45,560,595 times
Mrs. Tek and I have had conversations regarding these people on and off for years.

The problem is that stupid people proliferate and the offspring of these morons are as stupid, or more so, than they are.

Get used to it. Earth will, in the not too distant future, be overrun by imbeciles.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post

Proof that rainbow water is harmful! Look at that fence. The rainbow water is obviously causing it to deteriorate.

When that woman figures out what is "oozing out of the ground" I bet she'll find out it's what's left of her brain that oozed out of her head.

'80s Anti-Drug Commercial - Your Brain On Drugs - YouTube

Old 12-24-2011, 11:24 AM

3,111 posts, read 7,811,476 times
Chemtrails are real. The only reason you don't believe, is because the chemicals are brainwashing you. You need to build a chemtrail air purification unit for your house to be safe. Then you will see the truth that the government is poisoning us.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
Chemtrails are real. The only reason you don't believe, is because the chemicals are brainwashing you. You need to build a chemtrail air purification unit for your house to be safe. Then you will see the truth that the government is poisoning us.
Hey, I sell those! Three versions. Please read all cautions and warnings for this product before purchasing.

Basic: Covers 1/2 of your house and will protect for up to one year without a recharge. $15,999.99 for the unit and $1,599.99 for a recharge

Standard: Covers the entire house and will protect for up to one year without a recharge. $25,999.99 for the unit and $2,599.99 for a recharge

Advanced: Covers the entire house and yard and will protect for up to two years without a recharge. $45,999.99 for the unit and $3,599.99 for a recharge

Supplies are limited and installation is additional. Call now for a free estimate of handling, shipping, and installation fees.

555-555-5555 Barkers are awaiting your call, and lawyers are standing by.

Warning: May cause radiation burns if you stay in the vicinity of the unit for more than the prescribed amount of time*

Keep small children and pets at least 500 feet from the main unit.**

Other cautions are found on our website: www.radiationcankillyourbody.ru

* The time varies, but the maximum length in hours is about .25
** It has been found that extra limbs, teeth and nails grow randomly if this condition is not met. As well uncontrollable bowel movements have been reported. Some as often as every 2 minutes.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:51 AM

22,367 posts, read 65,785,682 times
Haven't you been reading?

Chemtrails are made by the men on Mars.
Rainbows are made by the inhibited wave motion of mountains.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Haven't you been reading?

Chemtrails are made by the men on Mars.
Rainbows are made by the inhibited wave motion of mountains.
I'd hate to think what would happen if those mountains ever lost their inhibition!!

Old 12-25-2011, 08:06 PM

13,144 posts, read 21,868,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post

I don't know, there seems to be a very strong connection between rainbows and totally insane looney-toonie wack-a-nuts...

Yosemitebear Mountain Giant Double Rainbow 1-8-10 - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology