Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2013, 11:46 PM

531 posts, read 758,590 times

Advertisements

This is why I said Big DATA. You need to absorb more data.

Recently published papers indicated that micros inside a perosn can influence a person's health and each person has different micros. Basically, we are nothing but a group of symbiosis life form.

AND one does not boost one's immune system. We need to balance everything.
For example, allergy symptoms is caused by overreactive immune system.
So we were prescribed medcine to suppress the overreactive immune system.
Now, if you boost it, you are only make it worst.

Neuron can be growed, if you absob mass amount of data and supported by enough energy and protein.
It will make one knowledgeable and maybe smarter.
BUT certain intelligent is limited by one's gene which is hard to be taught or learned.
TEST -> ask your love one for directions.

With good environment, more intelligent people can be nourished and developed and we then can share the fruits of their works.

It really doesn't matter how long a person can live. It need only long enough to nurish his/her offspring genes. We survice, because genes want to survive. We reproduce because genes want to try different combinations and produce a better next genes for next timeframe and location.

If one stop reproduce either by will or by other's will(brainwashed,religon...), then he or she has failed genes and will cease to exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
You are not taking into account that information technology advances exponentially. Because of that around 2028 computers the size of blood cells will have more processing capability then all of NASA in the 1960's and we will have millions if not billions in us. The implications of that are not fully understood but we do know it will:

1) Boost our immune system effectively wiping out all disease

2) Boost our cognitive ability making us thousands of times more intelligent then we are today.

Then you add that to what is going on with genetics and biology we will get to live for a very long time possibly forever. So we will travel the universe but it wont be the next generation but ours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 10:58 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times
When I say it wil boost the immune system I mean it will act independent of our immune system and thousands of times better. So diseases like auto immune diseases will have no impact. Plus by merging with computers there is no limit to what we can learn. Just look at how fast computers are advancing as a example.

In terms of how long we live. Living just to have offspring was the old model not true anymore. In fact I'm not sure I'm ever going to have kids. I might but I won't decide till a few decades after the singularity has passed and the new normal has set in. My goal in life is to explore and learn all I can. That is why I want to live forever because no matter how long I live I can always learn and explore more.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:24 PM

531 posts, read 758,590 times
You have a lot of reading homework to do.
Google the following key words and read.

smallpox
virus
mutation
crossover
sexual reproduction
non-sexual reproduction
Evolution

Quote:
When I say it wil boost the immune system I mean it will act independent of our immune system and thousands of times better. So diseases like auto immune diseases will have no impact. Plus by merging with computers there is no limit to what we can learn. Just look at how fast computers are advancing as a example.

In terms of how long we live. Living just to have offspring was the old model not true anymore. In fact I'm not sure I'm ever going to have kids. I might but I won't decide till a few decades after the singularity has passed and the new normal has set in. My goal in life is to explore and learn all I can. That is why I want to live forever because no matter how long I live I can always learn and explore more.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k81689 View Post
You have a lot of reading homework to do.
Google the following key words and read.

smallpox
virus
mutation
crossover
sexual reproduction
non-sexual reproduction
Evolution

You have some reading as well that will answer all your questions about why these dieseases will be wiped out.

This is from the New York Times:

By the 2030s we’ll be putting millions of nanobots inside our bodies to augment our immune system, to basically wipe out disease.

The link: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/27/ma...ever.html?_r=0

Old 09-10-2013, 03:59 AM

1,479 posts, read 2,719,834 times
Quote:
That is why I want to live forever because no matter how long I live I can always learn and explore more.
I had a long discussion about this with two friends, both of which have undergraduate degrees in electrical engineering and are now working on their masters in bio-mechanical engineering. They are working directly under the tutelage of professors that are working on nano-bots that can be injected into the blood stream to heal diseases and possibly prolong life. They are both very enthusiastic about their study and will most likely go on to PhD's.

After listening to the both of them talk for a few minutes I asked, why the hell would anyone want to live forever or even a few hundred years? Watch all the people i care about die. Spend hundreds of years paying taxes, car insurance, having to eat to maintain this body, sweating, being cold, sitting in traffic, dealing with other humans and their imperfections???? No thanks!!! When my time is up my only hope is that whatever comes after this life is peaceful, restful and devoid of sensory input.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
I had a long discussion about this with two friends, both of which have undergraduate degrees in electrical engineering and are now working on their masters in bio-mechanical engineering. They are working directly under the tutelage of professors that are working on nano-bots that can be injected into the blood stream to heal diseases and possibly prolong life. They are both very enthusiastic about their study and will most likely go on to PhD's.
That is why I think we will have it by the late 2020's. Very exciting indeed thanks for sharing! Tell your friends they should join city data and discuss this on here.

Quote:
After listening to the both of them talk for a few minutes I asked, why the hell would anyone want to live forever or even a few hundred years? Watch all the people i care about die. Spend hundreds of years paying taxes, car insurance, having to eat to maintain this body, sweating, being cold, sitting in traffic, dealing with other humans and their imperfections???? No thanks!!! When my time is up my only hope is that whatever comes after this life is peaceful, restful and devoid of sensory input.
First of all no one will have to live for a long time this will just give the people who chose to the option. So if you decide that is not for you that will be your right. Secondly, and most important, you are assuming life will stay the same and it won't. I have to admit that if life would stay the same I would get board after about 100 years but in the next 50 technology will change so much that it will open up more options for us more then we can imagine today. My goal in life is to learn and explore all I can and there is so much to learn and explore in this universe that I could live a billion years and barely explore a fraction of it. That is why I want to live a long as I can.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:06 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times
Quote:
You have some reading as well that will answer all your questions about why these dieseases will be wiped out.

This is from the New York Times:

By the 2030s we’ll be putting millions of nanobots inside our bodies to augment our immune system, to basically wipe out disease.
Josseppie, I think it's overly optimistic to assume nanobots will make disease a thing of the past. The problem is that viruses often have a very nasty habit of mutating to fool the immune system. While nanobots might reduce problems, I'm not so sure they'd eliminate or wipe out diseases. Viruses are pretty strange things and they're not all alike. They may just as easily mutate to fool the nanobots as well. Unless the nanobots can reprogram themselves to quickly adapt, reproduce and change their own structure, various viruses and diseases would just carry on as usual. If the bots can't do that, then it would mean that people will still have to go through the process of identifing the viruses and send in a new and impoved fleet of nanobots to combat the new and improved mutated form of the invaders. That's not much different than current methods of using vaccines. The only other option would be for a person to have an entirely artificial inorganic body.

Old 09-14-2013, 07:06 PM

144 posts, read 304,307 times
Quote:
asked, why the hell would anyone want to live forever or even a few hundred years? Watch all the people i care about die. Spend hundreds of years paying taxes, car insurance, having to eat to maintain this body, sweating, being cold, sitting in traffic, dealing with other humans and their imperfections???? No thanks!!! When my time is up my only hope is that whatever comes after this life is peaceful, restful and devoid of sensory input.
You wouldn't watch ALL of the people you care about die if they too extended their lives. Also, people see plenty of people they care about die now, living mostly 60-75 years, so what's the difference? Paying taxes and car insurance are not things that should dominate your thinking or certainly your time, they are not constantly occurring TIME consuming tasks, you pay and your done and should be living the rest of your life. Our bodies will be improved. We can program out sweating, develop better climate control, even for outside areas. At some point we should even be able to inhabit artificial bodies or virtual worlds where you don't have to eat if you don't want to. Your complaining about having to eat? I see eating as one of life's greatest pleasures. Traffic will be improved, self-driving cars will be the norm and the highway system will be refined, along with new modes of transportation, possibly the Hyperloop, among others, that will decrease if not eliminate travel congestion. You seem very pessimistic. Even if one doesn't live the grandest life, I'd take 1000 years of an average existence then just dropping dead 75 years after being alive. 75 years ain't nothing in the grand scheme of things. Anyone over 30 can tell you a year isn't anything, it flies right by. I'll take my 1000 years if I can get it.

Old 09-15-2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Josseppie, I think it's overly optimistic to assume nanobots will make disease a thing of the past. The problem is that viruses often have a very nasty habit of mutating to fool the immune system. While nanobots might reduce problems, I'm not so sure they'd eliminate or wipe out diseases. Viruses are pretty strange things and they're not all alike. They may just as easily mutate to fool the nanobots as well. Unless the nanobots can reprogram themselves to quickly adapt, reproduce and change their own structure, various viruses and diseases would just carry on as usual. If the bots can't do that, then it would mean that people will still have to go through the process of identifing the viruses and send in a new and impoved fleet of nanobots to combat the new and improved mutated form of the invaders. That's not much different than current methods of using vaccines. The only other option would be for a person to have an entirely artificial inorganic body.
I will be honest I don't know exactly how they will work but what I read says we will have them by 2030 and they will augment our immune system....

Old 09-15-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonHellLights View Post
You wouldn't watch ALL of the people you care about die if they too extended their lives. Also, people see plenty of people they care about die now, living mostly 60-75 years, so what's the difference? Paying taxes and car insurance are not things that should dominate your thinking or certainly your time, they are not constantly occurring TIME consuming tasks, you pay and your done and should be living the rest of your life. Our bodies will be improved. We can program out sweating, develop better climate control, even for outside areas. At some point we should even be able to inhabit artificial bodies or virtual worlds where you don't have to eat if you don't want to. Your complaining about having to eat? I see eating as one of life's greatest pleasures. Traffic will be improved, self-driving cars will be the norm and the highway system will be refined, along with new modes of transportation, possibly the Hyperloop, among others, that will decrease if not eliminate travel congestion. You seem very pessimistic. Even if one doesn't live the grandest life, I'd take 1000 years of an average existence then just dropping dead 75 years after being alive. 75 years ain't nothing in the grand scheme of things. Anyone over 30 can tell you a year isn't anything, it flies right by. I'll take my 1000 years if I can get it.
That is what I say but I take it father. I can live a million or a billion years and still have only explored a fraction of the universe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology