U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 11:05 AM

28,675 posts, read 41,242,910 times

Advertisements

I agree. Involuntary moving of threads is why I stopped creating them in a number of forums. If I want the thread in a forum other than the one I posted in I'd put it there. Moving without consulting me is nothing short of an insult.

I've noticed that the number of new threads in Science has dropped to almost zero over the last few days. I wonder why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 12:11 PM

3,165 posts, read 2,359,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I just think it would be really nice if the end users were consulted beforehand.
Like I said earlier: don't Facebook us. You want to build a rabid fan base? Makes us feel like we are really part of the community by incorporating our thoughts and ideas into future modifications made.
Give us a little credit that we might know what would work since, y'know, we hang out here every day.

That's how I would run C-D Forums anyway.
We often do polls and, for example, the Space and Nature sub-forum were added based on user suggestions in About the Forum. However, the majority of forum readers are not registered forum members and they surf differently.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:08 AM

12,169 posts, read 14,307,351 times
So it's been awhile and I am still not a fan of the "reorganization".

The Root forum is full of Astronomy posts. Which, by the way I still think ASTRONOMY is a much better name then SPACE.

Still believe Tablets do not need its own forum. I still don't see what is wrong with "Smartphones, Cellphones & Tablets". They are very similar and used in many of the same ways.
While I am at it, why not: Computers & Internet.

Not sure I am liking the direction C-D is moving in general. Every day there's a new forum added, or split or or or. C-D trying to be everything to everyone. I get it, that's fine. But too much fragmentation could have the opposite effect.
I'd rather see LESS forums but more general then a forum for every single topic.

Forum readers "surf differently" then regulars do? Not sure I get that...

But hey... I'm not running the place.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:52 AM

15,922 posts, read 17,888,002 times
^^^

Old 07-31-2012, 02:56 PM

6,492 posts, read 6,427,694 times
The fragmentation might be a problem, but it isn't the only issue. This part of the forums doesn't seem to attract enough attention. I desperately wish there would be more activity here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology