U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2012, 03:34 PM

885 posts, read 1,653,792 times

Advertisements

Pretty hard to watch

Tsunami - Caught On Camera - P1 - YouTube

There's 7 parts, just keep clicking the related videos when they run out.

You see some pretty amazing people in it.

The most fascinating thing that I see in all these videos is that people REALLY HAD NO IDEA what was going on. In fact they went WAY down to the water, thinking nothing bad was about to happen.

I cried multiple times during these videos.

I live on the east coast and I often wonder how we'd stand up to things like this. I do think that there are plenty of high rise places that I could go to in case of emergency. However, my grand parents wouldn't survive.

Watch the videos if you wish and tell me what you think. Would THIS ever happen in our country? Are we prepared?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 05:19 PM

6,441 posts, read 4,565,062 times
I watched only one of them. It's always hard to watch and the worst viewing, of course, was what we saw on TV when it was happening and knowing so very many lives were lost. Just a few days ago, I had to make a call on my antivirus download. Did a little chat with the man while waiting on PC activity. He asked where I was, weather, etc. I mentioned the tropical storm Debby passing through my area. He said his worst experience was being in the 2004 tsunami. I asked him where he was and he told me but his accent made it difficult to understand.

What would we do if one hit the USA? There's nothing anyone can do against the force of a tsunami. Just hope you're in a high rise like those that didn't get washed away. It's amazing that any building would not be crushed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology