Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 09:47 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
I own a Verizon LG flip phone. How smart it is, I do not know. It does have a camera but photos have to be sent to e-mail and I do not have that feature on my plan.
Buy a data cord and download Bitpim (freeware). Then you can access your phone and copy photos over to your computer.

I forgot the question.. LOL

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 09:48 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
I own a Verizon LG flip phone. How smart it is, I do not know. It does have a camera but photos have to be sent to e-mail and I do not have that feature on my plan.
I do have a heavy Compaq laptop from 2002. That does not count as a tablet.

I guess I am not in that half.

Are you and why or why not?
I don't travel much to need a tablet and my jobs don't require one either.

What is a complete definition of a smart phone?

Pew: Half of US adults own tablet or smartphone - Yahoo! Finance
I do not have a smart phone. I have a tablet instead of a smart phone. I can do anything on my tablet except make phone calls.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-28-2013, 02:28 PM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
I don't own a smart phone or really a tablet either. I have a Google Chromebook which functions very well for internet usage.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:44 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,046,153 times
I have a cheap Tracfone flip phone. It is used for occasional brief calls and a text message from time to time. I don't like talking on the phone much anyways. It has a web browser and a camera but I've never used them. It costs me $10/mo to keep it going.

I did buy a Google Nexus 7 tablet a month ago. I wanted to learn about tablets and apps and such. I use it for web surfing and I have been loading ebooks onto it too. It has a GPS and I want to use it for travelling too.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:07 PM

3,328 posts, read 2,271,596 times
Boy, am I late to this thread.

I have a Verizon LG Revere and I've been happy with it except I can no longer get my photos off the phone and onto the computer. The line that came with the phone was a charger only, not a data transfer line. I used bitpim a couple of times and it worked once or twice on each computer, then I never got it to work again. Too bad, because this phone takes surprisingly nice photos.

Smart phones look fun but I don't really need one and can't justify the expense (to myself, I mean).

Old 07-04-2014, 09:10 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
great systems.
i have however found i can save a bundle by buying a verizon smart phone unlocked (ebay or amazon.com) but not signing on a plan. instead i get a 2nd phone a trakfone. i use the smart phone in wifi spots. i can always sign up with verizon on a month to month if i change my mind. saved mega bucks.
i only use about 150 minutes of trakfone a month.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:30 PM

384 posts, read 349,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs123 View Post
Boy, am I late to this thread.

I have a Verizon LG Revere and I've been happy with it except I can no longer get my photos off the phone and onto the computer. The line that came with the phone was a charger only, not a data transfer line. I used bitpim a couple of times and it worked once or twice on each computer, then I never got it to work again. Too bad, because this phone takes surprisingly nice photos.

Smart phones look fun but I don't really need one and can't justify the expense (to myself, I mean).
Ah, bitpim. That takes me way back. Good memories.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:36 PM

384 posts, read 349,461 times
Just some updated numbers from January:

83% of adults under 30 have smartphones
74% of adults between 30 and 49 have smartphones
49% of adults between 50 and 64 have smartphones
19% of 65+ year olds have smartphones
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology