Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 02:18 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,573,386 times

Advertisements

Nano technology is a big cause of this. Unfortunately as good and amazing that nano technology is, this is the down side.
Things will probably "evolve" A LOT more before we start seeing stability. We are still in the early stages of the Technology Revolution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 04:11 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,411,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Nano technology is a big cause of this. Unfortunately as good and amazing that nano technology is, this is the down side.
Things will probably "evolve" A LOT more before we start seeing stability. We are still in the early stages of the Technology Revolution.
Nano technology is not the reason why its just the next step. The reason is information technology advances at a exponential rate and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:01 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,573,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Nano technology is not the reason why its just the next step. The reason is information technology advances at a exponential rate and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
Nano technology is the reason the for the advances in Information Technology. Its what allows such small CPUs and multi-cores and all the new chips to exist.

Old 11-22-2012, 01:51 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,154,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashpa View Post
I'm just pissed at technology right now. I turned my back on it. I mean obviously I do get some benefit out of it. Why can't I have grown up before the 1990's when we never had the problem of technology becoming obsolete like we do now. Are people's speaking voices going to be obsolete someday? It isn't even strictly limited to technology.
Observing humanities total addiction/dependance on technology i can envision a future whereby humans become totally irrelevant and the technological machine becomes the relevant factor on Earth.
I have read a few Sci-Fi books whereby mechanical intelligence is the true inhabitant of the universe and humanoids are just a step in a planets techno evolution toward the universal techno-mind.
Rozwell 1947, Weather balloon? crashed spaceship? or a techno bomb designed to sow the technological seed for this particular planet..

Old 11-22-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Nano technology is the reason the for the advances in Information Technology. Its what allows such small CPUs and multi-cores and all the new chips to exist.
You are confusing the latest technolcal innovation with the reason. Nano technology is the latest development but the reason for it happening so fast is information technology advances at a exponintal rate. In the near future nano technology will be obsolete as new technology will replace it as well.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Observing humanities total addiction/dependance on technology i can envision a future whereby humans become totally irrelevant and the technological machine becomes the relevant factor on Earth.
I have read a few Sci-Fi books whereby mechanical intelligence is the true inhabitant of the universe and humanoids are just a step in a planets techno evolution toward the universal techno-mind.
Rozwell 1947, Weather balloon? crashed spaceship? or a techno bomb designed to sow the technological seed for this particular planet..
I think we will merge with the technogy and there will be no clear distention between biology and technology.

Old 11-22-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
I think we will merge with the technogy and there will be no clear distention between biology and technology.
We are the Borg.resistance is futile you will be assimilated.
http://www.demotivationalposters.org...1249788313.jpg

Old 11-22-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
We are the Borg.resistance is futile you will be assimilated.
http://www.demotivationalposters.org...1249788313.jpg
Lol. I am a huge Trekkie and have thought about this. I don't think we will become less human I think computers will become more human. In the end we will be us just extremely smart and able to live a very very long time. All in our lifetime!

Old 11-23-2012, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Lol. I am a huge Trekkie and have thought about this. I don't think we will become less human I think computers will become more human. In the end we will be us just extremely smart and able to live a very very long time. All in our lifetime!
My main worry is computers getting what we call artificial intelligence,may be artificial to us but what is the computer going to think?it already has its global hive mind in place,give a certain computer a sense of self and who knows where its ego will take it or what its priorities might be,its only an assumption that it will remain a servant to human needs,world domination could be easily achievable as would be the elimination of all the carbon based parasites.
I got a bad feeling about our combined future with technology....

Old 11-23-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
My main worry is computers getting what we call artificial intelligence,may be artificial to us but what is the computer going to think?it already has its global hive mind in place,give a certain computer a sense of self and who knows where its ego will take it or what its priorities might be,its only an assumption that it will remain a servant to human needs,world domination could be easily achievable as would be the elimination of all the carbon based parasites.
I got a bad feeling about our combined future with technology....
First of all its going to happen as it was set it stone as soon as the first computer was built in 1890. That being said I do worry about the future at times because we do not know what will happen but I am optimistic that things will be a lot better then they currently are and to be honest I am ready for it a I am tired of the current way we live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology