Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 07:45 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,796,668 times

Advertisements

Would you conclude our current society leans more toward a hierarchical sociopolitical structure or a more egalitarian one and how strongly does it lean either way?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 01:30 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,749,572 times
Homework?

Old 03-31-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Homework?
No. Why is that too basic and obvious a question?

Old 03-31-2013, 07:29 PM

391 posts, read 841,577 times
Shank, I was able to find much information on egalitarian, but I could only find a dictionary definition of sociopolitical, forget the hierarchical part. In today's world I think we are egalitarian. Everyone has a chance to get skin in the game, so to speak. If I was creative enough, had the smarts, I would make a game that would sell. The amount is irrelevant. How much money you currently have, what your race is, or even your sexual preference in today's age does not matter in a pursuit of money. If we were talking about working in the corporate environment, I could say it's the same.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kremit View Post
Shank, I was able to find much information on egalitarian, but I could only find a dictionary definition of sociopolitical, forget the hierarchical part. In today's world I think we are egalitarian. Everyone has a chance to get skin in the game, so to speak. If I was creative enough, had the smarts, I would make a game that would sell. The amount is irrelevant. How much money you currently have, what your race is, or even your sexual preference in today's age does not matter in a pursuit of money. If we were talking about working in the corporate environment, I could say it's the same.

It would seem to me anything having to do with the corporate world would be innately hierarchical since the object is to compete and put your competition out of commission at not only the commercial enterprise level but the internal positional level, as well. The ability of all to compete is not egalitarianism. Egalitarianism is the orcastrated sharing of resources, regardless of ability variances.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:53 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,749,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
No. Why is that too basic and obvious a question?
Because it reads like a question from a high school test or an essay assignment.

Quote:
It would seem to me anything having to do with the corporate world would be innately hierarchical since the object is to compete and put your competition out of commission at not only the commercial enterprise level but the internal positional level, as well. The ability of all to compete is not egalitarianism. Egalitarianism is the orcastrated sharing of resources, regardless of ability variances.
Typos are fun to find. They can also be funny. This one is one of the best I'ver ever come across. Very nice even though it wasn't intentional.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Because it reads like a question from a high school test or an essay assignment.

Typos are fun to find. They can also be funny. This one is one of the best I'ver ever come across. Very nice even though it wasn't intentional.
Ugh. Can't change it now either.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:14 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,487,893 times
It does read like a essay question on a test for anthropology class. Maybe psychology.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
It does read like a essay question on a test for anthropology class. Maybe psychology.
I'm too old for homework if you're worried I'm going to use your answer.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:03 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,487,893 times
Quote:
I'm too old for homework if you're worried I'm going to use your answer.
I am not worried about you using my answer this is just not something I study so I would have to do research on the topic and I am lazy lol

You might get more responses if you posted this in the psychology sub forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology