Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 11:30 AM

854 posts, read 1,140,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Based on your statement we should be seeing massive numbers of people on the west coast either mutating or dying or at least being diagnosed with abnormal levels of radiation.

Why isn't that occurring, especially in all three Pacific ocean tree hugger states?

84.234 metric tons of fish are caught in the Pacific ocean and sold throughout the world.

Why is is only the paranoid conspiracy media outlets predicting doom and gloom (which seems to be their stock in trade)?
You wont see very high levels of radiation in human beings because it gets into the human body and stays there for some time. This is why it causes cancer, the radioactive particles replace other elements in the human body and continually release radiation mutating the genes in the cells around the infected tissue. You have the mentality that if we don't see glowing fish washing up on shore it isn't effecting us, couldn't be further from the truth. One microscopic radioactive particle can cause cancer and don't let the federal government tell you otherwise. Especially the radioactive elements release from Fukushima, not only are they radioactive but they are also toxic. All I am saying is we should really consider not eating fish caught in the Pacific Ocean or any other food product from the Pacific.

The massive amount of people that are be going to be affected from this will take years to start happening. At that point health care costs are going to be astronomical and it will be a catastrophe. This is the best scenario. If another fuel pool goes, the ocean is going to be in serious trouble. If we don't stop using the worlds ocean as our personal chemical dumping ground there are going to be massive food shortages followed by mass starvation.

http://sociology.yale.edu/sites/defa...ear_denial.pdf

Last edited by bad apples; 05-30-2014 at 11:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 05:46 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad apples View Post
You wont see very high levels of radiation in human beings because it gets into the human body and stays there for some time. This is why it causes cancer, the radioactive particles replace other elements in the human body and continually release radiation mutating the genes in the cells around the infected tissue. You have the mentality that if we don't see glowing fish washing up on shore it isn't effecting us, couldn't be further from the truth. One microscopic radioactive particle can cause cancer and don't let the federal government tell you otherwise. Especially the radioactive elements release from Fukushima, not only are they radioactive but they are also toxic. All I am saying is we should really consider not eating fish caught in the Pacific Ocean or any other food product from the Pacific.

The massive amount of people that are be going to be affected from this will take years to start happening. At that point health care costs are going to be astronomical and it will be a catastrophe. This is the best scenario. If another fuel pool goes, the ocean is going to be in serious trouble. If we don't stop using the worlds ocean as our personal chemical dumping ground there are going to be massive food shortages followed by mass starvation.

http://sociology.yale.edu/sites/defa...ear_denial.pdf
I see we are back on the track of "if you don't see <mumble mumble mumble>" Implying that only the select few who are intelligent enough to see through a countries or governments coverup(s) ***KNOW THE TRUTH***

Ahhh the technobabble two-step plus more of the same "don't let XYZ tell you any different"

Tree huggers are scared to death of people researching/reading anything other than their own brand of ***FACTS***

Not to mention I just love their constant doom and gloom predictions "it will be a catastrophe" "it's going to be in serious trouble" "if we don't stop <blah blah blah>" "there is going to be massive <take your pick of major disaster>"

More Fukushima Scaremongering Debunked ~~ Posted on October 28, 2013

http://skeptoid.com/blog/2013/10/28/...ring-debunked/

Fukushima Radiation Scare Hoaxes

Quote:
On October 22nd, 2013, the government conspiracy news blog Activist Post[7] published an article attributing various environmental issues on the United States west coast to the Fukushima disaster. On October 29th, the science blog Southern Fried Science[9] published an article debunking many of the points made in the Activist Post piece.

On October 28th, the skeptic news blog Skeptoid[2] published an article about Fukushima radiation rumors, referring to the reports as “scaremongering.” On November 28th, the ocean life blog Deep Sea News[5] published an article debunking several radiation rumors which exposed the radiation spread image to be a map of estimated maximum wave heights.

On December 24th, 2013, YouTuber Kill0Your0TV uploaded a video featuring a man using a Geiger Counter at Pacifica State Beach near San Francisco, California, claiming that the Fukushima radiation had hit the United States’ coast (URL shown below). In the next two weeks, the video gained more than 560,000 views and 1,000 comments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcQLxT49ZP0

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/fukush...n-scare-hoaxes

Last edited by plwhit; 05-30-2014 at 06:13 PM..

Old 05-30-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
I see we are back on the track of "if you don't see <mumble mumble mumble>" Implying that only the select few who are intelligent enough to see through a countries or governments coverup(s) ***KNOW THE TRUTH***

Ahhh the technobabble two-step plus more of the same "don't let XYZ tell you any different"

Tree huggers are scared to death of people researching/reading anything other than their own brand of ***FACTS***

Not to mention I just love their constant doom and gloom predictions "it will be a catastrophe" "it's going to be in serious trouble" "if we don't stop <blah blah blah>" "there is going to be massive <take your pick of major disaster>"

More Fukushima Scaremongering Debunked ~~ Posted on October 28, 2013

More Fukushima Scaremongering Debunked | Skeptoid

Fukushima Radiation Scare Hoaxes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcQLxT49ZP0

Fukushima Radiation Scare Hoaxes | Know Your Meme
You can laugh it up all you want. I have done my research and know it is a problem and is only going to get worse. Go back to eating potato chips and watching football if you don't want to hear the facts that the world governments aren't telling you. The garbage you posted is just an example of how people want to make light of the situation. Some of the stuff was indeed a hoax but a good majority of the evidence now coming out is showing that the fallout from this incident (which is still occurring) will effect the worlds ecosystems dramatically.

Old 05-30-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
You can laugh it up all you want. I have done my research and know it is a problem and is only going to get worse. Go back to eating potato chips and watching football if you don't want to hear the facts that the world governments aren't telling you. The garbage you posted is just an example of how people want to make light of the situation. Some of the stuff was indeed a hoax but a good majority of the evidence now coming out is showing that the fallout from this incident (which is still occurring) will effect the worlds ecosystems dramatically.
LMAO, thank you so very much for giving us in detail exactly what I said in an earlier post:

I see we are back on the track of "if you don't see <mumble mumble mumble>" Implying that only the select few who are intelligent enough to see through a countries or governments coverup(s) *KNOW THE TRUTH*

Of course only *YOU* know *THE TRUTH* and *THE FACTS*

Only *YOUR* websites post *THE TRUTH* all other websites that us not-in-the-know people read are as you so eloquently put it "post garbage"

Only people such as yourself have access to *THE FACTS* and can recognize the long term effects of *THE FACTS*

OK, I'll go back to eating my organic sea salted potato chips while watching the Blackhawks and the Kings slug it out if you knock off drinking the LSD laced Kool-Aid...

Deal?

Old 05-30-2014, 09:01 PM

Quote:
You can laugh it up all you want. I have done my research and know it is a problem and is only going to get worse.
Well I don't know where you get your information from but Snopes calls this latest Fukushima Emergency panic patently false...

The image you people just love to show everyone, the expansion of the radiation in the Pacific Ocean?

Quote:
However, that chart did not actually track or measure radioactive discharge emanating from Fukushima in 2013, or any other aspect of the Fukushima disaster. It was a plot created by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) immediately after the Tohoku earthquake in March 2011 showing the wave height of the tsunami that followed. It had (and has) nothing to do with the flow or spread of radioactive seepage from Fukushima.
snopes.com: Fukushima Emergency

So please, read it before embarrassing yourself any further, putting even more egg on your face then its got already...

Last edited by plwhit; 05-30-2014 at 09:27 PM..

Old 05-30-2014, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Well I don't know where you get your information from but Snopes calls this latest Fukushima Emergency panic patently false...

The image you people just love to show everyone, the expansion of the radiation in the Pacific Ocean?

snopes.com: Fukushima Emergency

So please, read it before embarrassing yourself any further, putting even more egg on your face then its got already...
Ok, while I admit I have been on LSD a few times I never mixed it with Kool Aid. That chart would be really awesome with all those colors. However I do think that the issue of Fukushima is sort of hush hush. It may not be as bad as I think it is but it is certainly a lot worse than the government it letting on. That image has been proven to be a fake but that doesn't mean that higher levels of radiation than should be normally considered healthy aren't making there way to the west coast as we speak.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:40 PM

Another government conspiracy...

I'm outta here...

Old 05-31-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Ok, while I admit I have been on LSD a few times I never mixed it with Kool Aid. That chart would be really awesome with all those colors. However I do think that the issue of Fukushima is sort of hush hush. It may not be as bad as I think it is but it is certainly a lot worse than the government it letting on. That image has been proven to be a fake but that doesn't mean that higher levels of radiation than should be normally considered healthy aren't making there way to the west coast as we speak.
It's quite obvious you didn't bother to read the information Snopes researched and published.

Oh well, this forum is for discussions and speaking ones mind but I for one have had my fill of government conspiracies...

BTW, this is the Science and Technology forum, not the Conspiracy forum.

I'm outta here...

Last edited by plwhit; 05-31-2014 at 02:04 PM..

Old 05-31-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:
That image has been proven to be a fake but that doesn't mean that higher levels of radiation than should be normally considered healthy aren't making there way to the west coast as we speak.
Oh I forgot to post one thing.

As I posted earlier (just another thing you didn't bother to read) the image is a plot created by the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) showing the projected wave size from the Tsunami that rocked Japan on Friday.

The only thing that was fake/a lie was how the plot was labelled and presented to the gullible tree huggers.

http://defensetech.org/2011/03/12/no...i-wave-height/

Old 05-31-2014, 09:09 PM

I am not a tree hugger, quite far from it actually. I just have seen a lot of science proving that it's worse than good old Uncle Sam is letting on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology