Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 10:44 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,811,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I don't agree with that at all.
Sadly too many people get news from Facebook. Buzzfeed. Reddit. Bing. Yahoo.
None of my friends are on Twitter. So they don't get news on Twitter. One person I work with is on Twitter.
I don't think its even remotely ubiquitous enough to DOMINATE in news.
The media business has changed drastically since 2014. That post was more accurate in 2014. Today, aggregation services lead.

Also, Buzzfeed was hardly a primary source of news in 2014. Not sure why you think it was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2018, 10:46 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,811,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleeGee View Post
AnandTech is a tech site. It's for the serious tech-minded, with three tech forums:hardware, software and electronics. The forums include categories like CPU's, peripherals(?) , motherboards, all things apple, etc. Not for just goofing around.
IMO, anandtech isn't nearly what it used to be. Once Anand left, and it was purchased by Purch, it went downhill fast.

Old 05-16-2018, 08:46 PM

11 posts, read 8,106 times
AnandTech ..... yean , it is , but that's a lot of spammers.

Old 09-27-2018, 01:14 AM

6 posts, read 4,848 times
Default Tech Site

For the latest tech news, nothing is better than social media handles of Tech Giants like Google, Microsft, Amazon, Cisco, and so on.

For technology related educational content, you can try the links given below. I had watched a recorded webinar session on Cyber-security, found it very informative.

Webinars
Blogs

Old 09-27-2018, 05:44 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,573,907 times
linuxquestions.org

Old 10-01-2018, 02:49 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,475,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User1771 View Post
All I know of are wired and t3 but I don't know of any other technology sites out there. What are some good tech sites out there that I could look for? Thanks.
I don't do twitter and doubt I ever will. I am regrettably on facebook, I may delete my account if I become fed up with it. I removed all of my personal details from it years ago. I don't need to tell everybody what I am doing or what I think about certain things. That said, there are certain subjects that interest me that are present on FB.

I used to visit this site. It used to be pretty active, it still might be. It was kind of a hobby answering questions for people, sort of what I do on this site. I did have some questions of my own every now and then as well. There are very knowledgeable people on this one.
https://www.techspot.com/community/

Another one is Reddit. There are tons of specialized communities.

Anything, in particular, you are looking for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology