Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 12:58 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times

Advertisements

BTW, I just read some of these articles...

Like the New York Times article says (way at the bottom) that NASA announced 2014 temperatures on average rose 0.02 degrees Celsius over the previous record year of 2010.

The NOAA results were <<shudder>> posted at 0.04 degrees Celsius above 2010.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 01:28 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,767,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
Do you subscribe to man made global warming ?
DO you think this is true ?
The climate is ruined. So can civilization even survive? - CNN.com
No and No! And I think it's been at least 2 years since a consortium of serious weather scientists came out and said the term 'Global warming' is inaccurate and that Climate Change is more descriptive. Furthermore, most of these scientists said that recorded weather history is no where nearly long enough to tell if the changes we're seeing are actually just part of a long-range cycle of weather.

and....No, climate is not ruined and yes civilization is going to survive. I quit watching / listening to CNN about ten years ago, when I came to understand they have a definite agenda.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:53 AM

97 posts, read 135,132 times
It's a scam.

But even if it were true, I am certainly have no intentions of changing my lifestyle or paying more taxes to save some corporate/gov bastard's island home (Manhattan included).

And to all the little bootlicking statists and greenies who are going to inevitably attack me for being so selfish: I can't hear you!

Old 01-20-2015, 12:58 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,544,694 times
I feel a little ill. I shake my head. I will my fingers to not type a response........

Old 01-20-2015, 09:41 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,427,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
No and No! And I think it's been at least 2 years since a consortium of serious weather scientists came out and said the term 'Global warming' is inaccurate and that Climate Change is more descriptive. Furthermore, most of these scientists said that recorded weather history is no where nearly long enough to tell if the changes we're seeing are actually just part of a long-range cycle of weather.

and....No, climate is not ruined and yes civilization is going to survive. I quit watching / listening to CNN about ten years ago, when I came to understand they have a definite agenda.

Don't all news channels have an agenda ? How do you get your news?

Old 01-21-2015, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Well, unfortuneately most all of the network TV channels do have a post-liberal agenda now, so I don't rely on them for truth. In fact, I don't have a TV. Online, I look at headlines on Drudge, sometimes clicking on the link. He will often give links to news which the leftist media studiously ignore. I read Breitbart.

If I have time I'll also look at MyWay news (fewer ads and images there...) and sometimes willl scan the headlines from Skye News. It's interesting to see the slant from the EU on what happens here.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:24 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
I believe in the earth's cycling between colder and warmer times.
I believe that human beings trash the planet in disgusting and selfish ways.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I believe in the earth's cycling between colder and warmer times.
I believe that human beings trash the planet in disgusting and selfish ways.
These two points are true, as far as I can tell.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:41 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
When it comes to the climate i rely on climatologists to report their findings and not rightwing opinion sources.
Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet: Consensus

Global Warming | Monitoring References | National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)

This is what the scientists are saying i dont see any reason to question their findings.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:47 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times
I do not rely on television for accurate news. Learned a longtime ago that almost any information can be skewed to represent a certain viewpoint. I don't trust liberal news sources nor conservation news sources, although I think the latter are more likely to tell the truth, but not always.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology