Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 01:14 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,667,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
You get it!
I still don't
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 06:16 PM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
849 posts, read 1,045,575 times
Jozen, I think you're a good candidate to win Randi's million dollar prize and prove his irrational skepticism wrong. Can't wait to hear what he says.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:34 PM

1,398 posts, read 7,703,722 times
JOZEN:

Seems to me there may be some here whom question the validity of your invention. May I suggest that you detail one, just one, but in detail, discovery that you have made with your portal. For example. What did you believe prior to you invention and then what did you discover that lead you to change your mind..or confirm what you had already thought. Be specific. I think the folks here need some concrete details before they invest in their own 'wheel'

Old 03-07-2008, 07:47 PM

1,398 posts, read 7,703,722 times
Jozen:

Regarding my previous communication regarding contacting hot alien chicks.
I'm working on constructing my own wheel but I need some further inputs. What are the consequences of spinning the wheel in a clockwise versus a counter clockwise direction ? I really like chicks that like to be "on top". Would that be a clock or antic-lockwise rotation ??

All help appreciated.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:02 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
Jozen:

Regarding my previous communication regarding contacting hot alien chicks.
I'm working on constructing my own wheel but I need some further inputs. What are the consequences of spinning the wheel in a clockwise versus a counter clockwise direction ? I really like chicks that like to be "on top". Would that be a clock or antic-lockwise rotation ??

All help appreciated.
Mount it in reverse silly. Put the symbols on the back of the wheel.

Old 03-08-2008, 01:13 PM

37 posts, read 115,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Lombards View Post
Jozen, I think you're a good candidate to win Randi's million dollar prize and prove his irrational skepticism wrong. Can't wait to hear what he says.
"We're only interested if you're applying for the JREF prize. We have no
time to examine involved theories or notions. We get 30 of these a week.

If you want to continue, apply. Home*-*James Randi Educational Foundation

James Randi."

I wrote the letter to him and he wrote this back. I was hoping to get some sort of help with research, but it appears I would have to take a test to prove I have control over one type of power that is considered paranormal. I looked into the test, and at first I thought it looks uninteresting, I don't care for tests, not my thing.

He is personally encouraging me to apply himself. I wrote back immediately:

[LEFT]"I see. I have no control over the energies that I see, nor can I think of any test...then again, maybe we could set up a microwave or a radiowave dispenser and I could see as these energies are being released at controlled intervals. But is doesn't sound like something I'd be into. I really don't care about the money, I can manage for myself and money isn't the goal of living...living is.

There is only one thing I can think of that I can control, I have experienced at times the ability to see in pitch black, I don't know how for sure, but I suspect that is involves perception of infrare red electromagnetic waves. Someone thought of a simple little test...maybe its enough. There are 20 lights and only one is on at random. My sight is blocked and unblocked a second after the lit light goes out. Since it is hot, it would generate energy that I could see for a few seconds before it cools off. Normally, you just don't see light bulbs that are out when it is dark, the heat isn't normally enough to be visual, so if infrared vision is the case, I would have no problem. But thats not too far out...is it?

As to what I experience, most of it couldn't be proved easily at all. I will give a few examples:
1-Increased dreaming- vividness of dreams- and length of dreams. 2-More energy. 3-Seeing several energies at random intervals. 4-having multi-dimensional experiences (really...how the hell do you prove that?)....
[/LEFT]

No, the person who provided me with this lead misled me. I was mistaken for putting forth the time to contact you. After taking a closer look at your sight it appears that you and Ogella (or what ever his name is) are at extreme ends from one and other. I leave you two to your battle.

Sorry,
Jozen"

This brings me to a good point. In human psychology (one of my 'favorite' subjects...lol...all subjects are my favorite subject) there is something I call the reaction and responce mechanism. How does it work?

That was my initial responce. I didn't hesitate to write it. I didn't stop and think it over for a few days. So we have what is called the initial responce. I will now outline the process.

1...Initial responce
2...reposed responce
3...long term shifting affects from responce

I am now in the process of repose. I have thought about it more and I might just take him up on his offer...a million dollars could get a lot of research done, and beating him would bring a lot of attention to my work. My problem is what I have mentioned in the initial responce...no control that I am aware of.

I have thought of a few different tests...by my call and not his. It looks as if he might even be more vulnerable then he thinks, and I think he would really like to see someone beat him, but its got to be solid. I mentioned the light bulb test above, I will mention a 2 more proposals I feel might be within reach...

Possibilities number 2....the word game. I will quote:
"The Second Edition of the Oxford English Dictionary contains full entries for 171,476 words in current use, and 47,156 obsolete words. To this may be added around 9,500 derivative words included as subentries. Over half of these words are nouns, about a quarter adjectives, and about a seventh verbs; the rest is made up of interjections, conjunctions, prepositions, suffixes, etc. These figures take no account of entries with senses for different parts of speech (such as noun and adjective).

This suggests that there are, at the very least, a quarter of a million distinct English words, excluding inflections, and words from technical and regional vocabulary not covered by the OED, or words not yet added to the published dictionary, of which perhaps 20 per cent are no longer in current use. If distinct senses were counted, the total would probably approach three quarters of a million."
-AskOxford.com

Heres how it works...by beating scientific odds flat out. We take
171,476 working words, from a current dictionary (obselete are thrown out), and write one of them down. The odds of guessing them by chance would be that an average of 85,738 tries would be needed to get the word by guessing. That give me a lot of time to tune in and find it, without the bull**** pressure screwing my thoughts up (1 in 10, right now...f**k, I am not that good). Who knows...maybe I get lucky? So we do it a certain number of times...and we calculate the odds. How much do we have to crush the odds before it is obvious?

1 in 10 doesn't do it for me. I don't operate upon the commands of others, I often do the opposite just for fun. Lets look at the numbers. There is a 50% chance that I will get it before or after 85,738 guesses. So if I get it in less then 100 or 1000 I am still way ahead. I should be allowed to scour the dictionary, because I don't have every single word in it memorized. I hear and work with sound.

If, for example, I get it in 1000 tries, thats APPROXIMATELY 1/85 (we can actually get exact percentages if we have an exact answer. Lets pretend it happens at 1000 exactly each time (makes calculations easier to follow). If I do this twice its 85 times 85, a 1/7,225 chance. Repeat, 1/614,125 chance. Repeat this 7 more times and we are at 1/1.6734324368961425e+21 percent chance of it ever happening. At this point, anyone who was left doubting would be an idiot. So how much do we actually need to be the odds by? This massive number? Or cold it even be enough to do it with a smaller change, say...1/100,000 or a one in a million chance.

But I can't say for sure if I could do it. I don't work like that. I might give it a shot...I will have to think about it.

The other idea, which I think he'd be way too afraid of to accept is...we get other people involved and let them test the wheel and the code over a full one year process. I give him the advantage on this one...if even one of those people can possibly report that nothing has happened...even one person out of a 1000, then I lose hard. I know how this one would turn out though...not one in a zillion could get by without experiencing several different effects that could be noted and I would win his money!

So it looks like I am seriously reconsidering. Though my wife says its a bad idea. The tests are usually designed to be finished in a short amount of time, but IF WE WANT THE REAL RESULTS WE WILL NEED A LONGER TEST!!!

Test one..the light bulb test is quick and easy.
Test two...the word test is longer, add a few weeks.
Test three...takes a whole year to complete..1000 people...only one says no.

What do you think?

Best Regards,
Jozen-Bo

Old 03-12-2008, 08:20 AM

Default 3 of many of the discoveries I have verified for myself!

Quote:
JOZEN:

Seems to me there may be some here whom question the validity of your invention. May I suggest that you detail one, just one, but in detail, discovery that you have made with your portal...
I'll provide for now 3 discoveries that I have confirmed for myself to be true! ONE- After observing the correct combination of spinning patterns the eyes begin to readjust and see energy they normally could not see. I have seen over 50 types of energy, including thought energies as they spin out of the thinker's head. TWO- I have verfied for myself that this causes one's subjective experience of time to pass much slower then normal, a day can feel like a week sometimes. THREE- I have verified for myself that using this causes one to dream longer, clearer, and in much greater detail...the dreams become very vivid!!!

Old 03-12-2008, 08:29 AM

Default How have I changed?

Quote:
JOZEN:

...For example. What did you believe prior to you invention and then what did you discover that lead you to change your mind..or confirm what you had already thought. Be specific. I think the folks here need some concrete details before they invest in their own 'wheel'
Where do I begin with this one? This question is almost beyond my ability to answer. EVERYTHING CHANGED THAT I BELIEVED BEFORE...IT BECAME AUGMENTED AND LARGER. I began to see the bigger picture, it kept getting bigger until I began seeing things I won't go into detail at this time to describe. I will say this much, there was a time when I had hate for certian people...take Mr. Bush for example. I hated him to an extreme at one time. Not anymore...I can honestly say I love even him, that I no longer hate anyone or anything. There is no hate left in me. I could go on like this, describing every change that happened, but it would take me years and years to write it all out. Lets just say for now that everything changed (and is still changing), every thought and belief gets reevaluated and readjusted. This changes One quicker then anything I have ever seen when approached in the correct manner.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:36 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,667,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozen-Bo View Post
Where do I begin with this one? This question is almost beyond my ability to answer. EVERYTHING CHANGED THAT I BELIEVED BEFORE...IT BECAME AUGMENTED AND LARGER. I began to see the bigger picture, it kept getting bigger until I began seeing things I won't go into detail at this time to describe. I will say this much, there was a time when I had hate for certian people...take Mr. Bush for example. I hated him to an extreme at one time. Not anymore...I can honestly say I love even him, that I no longer hate anyone or anything. There is no hate left in me. I could go on like this, describing every change that happened, but it would take me years and years to write it all out. Lets just say for now that everything changed (and is still changing), every thought and belief gets reevaluated and readjusted. This changes One quicker then anything I have ever seen when approached in the correct manner.
And yet no comment as to how, why, or what specifically this "invention" does.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:48 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,840,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
And yet no comment as to how, why, or what specifically this "invention" does.
Dude, after the bowl is gone, it directs your mind to focus on different energy and makes you post very bizarre statements on online forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology