Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 02:17 PM

33,067 posts, read 26,267,471 times

Advertisements

The Apollo missions were tracked by radar and telescope on their way to and from the moon by independent third party (non-NASA) observers, including the Soviet Union.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-...endent_parties

Bill Keel's Space Bits - Tracking the Apollo Flights

There simply is no valid rationale for denying that we went to the moon. It's just silly unfounded skepticism on the part of those who deny it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 04:17 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,815,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
...There simply is no valid rationale for denying that we went to the moon. It's just silly unfounded skepticism on the part of those who deny it.
The deniers refuse to believe the US landed men on the moon, but they have no problem believing thousands of people, from several countries, got together to fake six manned moon landings and kept quiet about it for more than forty years.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:26 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,291,796 times
Also note that the political decision was made to fund and build the ISS for joint world wide collaboration and experiments. One big kumbiya

So doing, stopped US space exploration in favor of world scientific research. Can't do both. Can't fund both. Werner Von Braun was totally against this decision but politicians had final say. Also was justified fear of militarizing space with one country ahead of the race.

That is why we did not go back to the moon.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:37 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,569,155 times
Interesting links, thanks. Like I said before I have no problem believing it happened and have no vested interest either way. Actually I hope it did happen. No, I have not spent extensive amounts of time researching the topic. It's one of those things I probably never would have questioned in my younger days but age has made me skeptical about a lot of things, particularly regarding the United States. For the record I don't question anything else about the space program and think space exploration is an interesting topic. Nor do I believe the earth is flat, for the other guy who got himself a raging boner dissecting my last post trying to insuate I was one of those people. (I wouldn't mind sending him to the moon and leaving him there)

Old 07-12-2017, 04:43 PM

The good news is that this is one of the few conspiracy theories that can and should solve itself within the next 10-15 years with return missions, so I'm be waiting patiently on the Russians and Chinese

Old 07-12-2017, 04:59 PM

1,663 posts, read 870,538 times
[quote=UrbanAdventurer;48805139]
Quote:
Okay fine. The US went to the moon. Now I want to see the Russians go there with 21st century technology and verify it. If there's an abandoned car and a flag stuck into the ground when they get there I'll consider myself a skeptic no longer.
You're not going to see the Russians go to the moon any time soon. Their economy is contracting, and oil prices are lower than what they need for a balanced budget. Going to the moon 50 years after the United States did is the last thing they are going to spend money on.

Quote:
You'd think somebody would have already done this sometime in the past 50 years!
Why? Just to see the remains of some flags and the three rovers? Good luck getting support to pay for that. Besides, who else besides the United States and the Russians have had a viable space program for the past 50 years?

Old 07-12-2017, 05:10 PM

Actually I see there are plans to return and make a longer term presence and I think SpaceX, Boeing, or some other private entity might have more to do with it but who does it is almost beside the point.

Old 07-12-2017, 05:36 PM

12,709 posts, read 8,929,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
The good news is that this is one of the few conspiracy theories that can and should solve itself within the next 10-15 years with return missions, so I'm be waiting patiently on the Russians and Chinese

So if I understand your logic, the US faked it, but the Chinese or Russians would be real?

Old 07-12-2017, 05:42 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,682,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
There's nothing to resolve. The deniers will keep denying not matter how much proof there is. Even a basic understanding of science easily refutes the most stupid of conspiracy theories. Yet the theories and deniers continue their foolery.

Old 07-12-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
So if I understand your logic, the US faked it, but the Chinese or Russians would be real?
No. You obviously don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology