Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2018, 09:10 AM

1,830 posts, read 6,153,250 times

Advertisements

To load the Ipods, is downloading from iTunes the only option? Is there a way to download from music stored on my PC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 09:22 AM

11,078 posts, read 7,146,060 times
I use iTunes to copy mp3s from my computer to my iPod and iPhone. I've never used any other program. Since iTunes is Apple, and iPods and iPhones are also Apple, it makes sense to use the same/common platform and products.

Do you have some reason not to use iTunes?

Or are you just having problems getting the files from the computer into iTunes?

Old 10-03-2018, 04:23 PM

1,830 posts, read 6,153,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
I use iTunes to copy mp3s from my computer to my iPod and iPhone. I've never used any other program. Since iTunes is Apple, and iPods and iPhones are also Apple, it makes sense to use the same/common platform and products.

Do you have some reason not to use iTunes?

Or are you just having problems getting the files from the computer into iTunes?
Don't want to spend the money on iTunes and they don't have most of the music I want. Guess I can fiddle around with these gadgets more but right now feel like it was a big waste of money and Walmart refused to allow returns on these.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Townandcountrygal View Post
Don't want to spend the money on iTunes and they don't have most of the music I want. Guess I can fiddle around with these gadgets more but right now feel like it was a big waste of money and Walmart refused to allow returns on these.
The iTunes program is free. If you have CDs, you can convert the songs to mp3 files - FOR FREE - and put the files/songs on your devices.

If iTunes doesn't have the music you want, try looking at Amazon's selection. Both have a huge selection though, so it's strange to you can't find what you are looking for.

Old 10-04-2018, 11:55 AM

21,839 posts, read 25,121,078 times
Well, you can't download anything with an iPod Nano/Shuffle. They're not capable of connecting to a remote computer to download.

You could get a USB cable and copy and paste though. iPods are intentionally made to be as difficult to use as possible though. You'll need to turn on show hidden folders and manually rename files, so it's a giant pain. It's frankly not worth it.
There's really three options:
1) Throw away the Apple junk and get a decent mp3 player.
2) Get one of the abundant programs that aren't iTunes (CopyTrans or DoubleSync are the ones I've used)
3) Break down and get iTunes. I've never gone that far.

Old 10-04-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Well, you can't download anything with an iPod Nano/Shuffle. They're not capable of connecting to a remote computer to download.
Well, yeah, you have to use the computer to move the files to the iPod at the very least, and to download from the internet if they aren't on the computer or coming from CDs.

The computer is the "middleman". The iPods aren't computers themselves. Thought that'd be blatantly obvious, but maybe not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology