Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 06:40 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times

Advertisements

^^^ Someone tell me. Is this comment worth reading? ^^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2019, 07:19 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,758,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
^^^ Someone tell me. Is this comment worth reading? ^^^
The disconnect between apparent command of language and lack of comprehension is... persistent.

Sorry, IP, at some point you have to take a few good answers (which you always get) and put the rest of the answer together yourself.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:35 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,318,331 times
Jesus H Christ on a hayride!!!

Why don't you just get off your butt and go down to the local fire station and ask the nice firemen there how the controls work?

Old 03-14-2019, 10:22 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
Quote:
So I took Ironwhosit off ignore so I could see what was going on.

Really? Take a simple idea and make it so complex you have to ask for help on a forum.

Wait.... That's not right. Take an unrealistic idea and expect people on a forum to write the script for you.

Wait... That's not right. Stop wasting everyone's time. If you're too lazy to visit a fire station and ask questions then you shouldn't be writing a screen play. I see disaster in the offing.

And reset the ignore function. Ta ta.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
^^^ ugh... Like I said...
Hopeless cause.

More yep.

Quote:
No comprende duplicated? Cloned. Copied. Or....
Seriously? You think you're going to write/direct/produce/whatever a movie and you don't understand the word duplicate?

Give it up. It is never going to happen.
OP please reconsider the movie. You are struggling with basic words...how are you going to make a movie with issues?

Brutally honest, from your posts this "movie" isn't going to be good. A fire truck by remote control? Nope. Just put in on YT, save the money and then get a regular job.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:59 PM

61,691 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Quote:
No comprende duplicated? Cloned. Copied. Or....

Seriously? You think you're going to write/direct/produce/whatever a movie and you don't understand the word duplicate?

Give it up. It is never going to happen.
I just can't wait till the script is finished and we start to get all the questions about composing music to his movie.
Like: why are the 5 horizontal lines on the sheet? To write letters straight and neat? Oh, that's a staff? Should I hire more people?
And what is the weird looking snake on the begining. What does that mean? Can someone explain what are those dots with sticks doing there?...

Get ready, guys...

//www.city-data.com/forum/psych...l#post50321134

Old 03-15-2019, 12:05 AM

388 posts, read 200,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
why are the 5 horizontal lines on the sheet? To write letters straight and neat? Oh, that's a staff? Should I hire more people?
And what is the weird looking snake on the begining. What does that mean?
"ive decided to release straight to video."

"how do blu-ray discs work? what wavelength are they? i figure theyre mostly like dvds, heres a link on that. maybe one of you could explain the error-correction scheme since they said nothing about it there. should i buy packages of 20 or 100? is there a difference?"

Old 03-15-2019, 12:24 AM

20,646 posts, read 4,421,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Well they do have ladders that are controlled by remote control as I got the idea from this article where they actually show the remote control:

https://www.fireapparatusmagazine.co...re-trucks.html

I just wanted to know where on the truck the remote control is stored. I asked some fire fighters at the fire department already but they got back to me and said they don't know about this particular model, so I was just wondering if anyone knew.
They are not in wide spread use at this time. That is why you will not find out much about them yet. Are you are determined to know more about those "remote controlled" ladders? If so, then you will have to visit or contact the fire departments that have been testing them.

Quote:
Oh okay thanks. I suppose I could just make up where they are located, just wanted to know . Thanks. When you say duplicated somewhere inside the cab, what do you mean by 'duplicated' in this context?
Often controls can be found in multiple locations (inside cab, mid pump panel, rear pump panel, etc) on fire trucks. That is what duplicated means.

Old 03-15-2019, 02:54 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,836,796 times
Quote:
Okay but in the link I posted, it actually says in the link that firetrucks have been tested with remotes in real life, and are already on some truck models out there. Why didn't anybody read the link before saying it was far fetched or ridiculous? According to the link, the remote is real.
Are you serious? You supply a link which it appears you haven't looked at because the answer to your question is right there, not in black and white, but in green and orange!

The last picture in the article you have linked clearly shows the remote control stowed on the bottom of the cabinet that encloses all the controls for the pumps and other systems on the apparatus. You complain about others not reading an entire link when it appears you can't even look at three pictures. Sheesh!

Old 03-15-2019, 07:13 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,318,331 times
Hey OP, since you want people on the internet to do your research for you:

My rate is $200 per hour. Let me know and I'll send you my consulting contract. Terms are payable net 30.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:47 AM

5,110 posts, read 3,069,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Jesus H Christ on a hayride!!!

Why don't you just get off your butt and go down to the local fire station and ask the nice firemen there how the controls work?
Well I did, but the fire department where I live, got back to me, and said that they do not have remote controls for their ladders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
They are not in wide spread use at this time. That is why you will not find out much about them yet. Are you are determined to know more about those "remote controlled" ladders? If so, then you will have to visit or contact the fire departments that have been testing them.

Often controls can be found in multiple locations (inside cab, mid pump panel, rear pump panel, etc) on fire trucks. That is what duplicated means.
Oh okay, thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology