U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2020, 08:13 PM

798 posts, read 410,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzpapalotl View Post
A single free adblocker add-on will do the job.
All you have to do is give up data, cash or both

Ad problem solved

LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM

1,008 posts, read 184,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
All you have to do is give up data, cash or both

Ad problem solved

LOL
Can you name a single free ad-blocker for which you have to fork out cash?

As for data, if you have a smart phone you give up data. Every time you log on to your electronic device, use your credit card, or perform any other kind of automatic transaction, even if you just fill out a customer satisfaction form at a shop you give up data. If you are registered with a clinic and your health records are stored electronically, guess what, you give up data. If you have an email address, Microsoft Office, any other purchased software, Skype, etc you give up data. Plus, god forbid you should use standard search engines, or have any social media presence, or be on C-D... And that's just a tip of an iceberg. I'd imagine you'd have to have some serious background in computer securities and forensics and jump through a dizzying amount of hoops to limit the trace you leave online to barely audible. And you worry about an app that at least prevents all those companies that steal your data on a day to day basis from interfering with your peaceful use of YouTube? I suppose, whatever floats your boat.

All I know is that I haven't had a single add on YouTube or any other pop up add in years, which, if you ask me, works for me.

Old Yesterday, 03:12 PM

40,829 posts, read 42,222,749 times
Quote:
LOL

Yes "ad problem solved"

As you capitulate to their terms for payment for access to something that was free

Most video services do not provide free content, Youtube is one of the exceptions. You are complaining about something that doesn't cost you a dime.

Quote:
How about paying for the privilege of shopping on Amazon?

The product on Amazon is what they sell including their paid video service.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/offe...oaApQ9EALw_wcB

Quote:
Or checking the weather?

I usually use the local station and it has ads....

Quote:
how about reading your texts?

Included in your phone bill.

Quote:
However some consider paying for a website that has no competition for some inexplicable reason a foolish idea

There is numerous paid video services that compete with Youtubes video, most do not provide free service.

Old Today, 09:11 AM

798 posts, read 410,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzpapalotl View Post
Can you name a single free ad-blocker for which you have to fork out cash?

As for data, if you have a smart phone you give up data. Every time you log on to your electronic device, use your credit card, or perform any other kind of automatic transaction, even if you just fill out a customer satisfaction form at a shop you give up data. If you are registered with a clinic and your health records are stored electronically, guess what, you give up data. If you have an email address, Microsoft Office, any other purchased software, Skype, etc you give up data. Plus, god forbid you should use standard search engines, or have any social media presence, or be on C-D... And that's just a tip of an iceberg. I'd imagine you'd have to have some serious background in computer securities and forensics and jump through a dizzying amount of hoops to limit the trace you leave online to barely audible. And you worry about an app that at least prevents all those companies that steal your data on a day to day basis from interfering with your peaceful use of YouTube? I suppose, whatever floats your boat.

All I know is that I haven't had a single add on YouTube or any other pop up add in years, which, if you ask me, works for me.
LOL

since when did we have to click an "agreement" to usa a website

Thats business model is only possible if you have a monopoly

A monopoly is only possible without net nutrality

Old Today, 09:30 AM

1,008 posts, read 184,228 times
Quote:
LOL

Thats business model is only possible if you have a monopoly

Gotcha. You're one of those...

Never mind.

Old Today, 04:17 PM

40,829 posts, read 42,222,749 times
Quote:

Most websites have a TOS especially ones you register for.

Quote:
I support NN Boer and so does Google and nearly every other major content provider, you are barking up the wrong tree and obviously do not understand what NN is.

If your ISP made an agreement with YouTube and was blocking or throttling similar services/content that is an example of breaking the NN principal. Youtube itself since they are only content provider cannot break the NN principal without the cooperation of the ISP. If the ISP was going to do this logic dictates they would throttle YouTube in favor of their own video services.

Understand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology